Answered

Unable to send a message / unable to change the background picture

• 13 March 2017
  • 2 replies

I use Firefox on W7 32-bit system.

I am disappointed with SoundCloud because BASIC things just does not work

1/ Unable to send a message
esterdays i sent some messages but today i found that the button "SEND" does not work - it just do nothing. I need to send an answer but it is just not possible.............. Can you believe that?! I did nothing with my browser settings. And i also checked another browsers (Opera) and the problem is there as well.

What does it mean?? WHEN it will be possible to send an answer...?

2/ Unable to change the background picture
some days ago i also tried to change the background picture BUT same nothing - after the click on the button there was maybe 1 hour status "Saving", but nothing was saved of course. So i gave it up...

p.s.: the button "Save" work here.. why does not work in standard SoundCloud UI?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 15 March 2017, 09:47

Hi b_hw,

Thanks for following up on this. I will pass on your feedback to the relevant team. If an email ever gets "unverified", then this is because we received an error when trying to send a message to that email recently. Hence, our system assumes the email is no longer valid and since certain activities require for the user to have a valid email address (uploading, sending messages), action is required.

Good to hear you were able to sort this out in the meantime. 🙂
View original

2 replies

Well. it is resolved now. I found that my browser did not show me a little pop-up window (implemented into the website) announcing me that i have to "verify my email address". Because of this it was not possible to send any message. I am quite sure that it was caused with some add-on but i can' t say which one.

But still, i have a question: why do i have to confirm my email again? Can you explain me that? On what basis a need of new verficatication come?

Also, it will be wise to move this informing text to some better place because many security add-ons is installed in browsers today and block some parts of the website.

The matter with uploading new background picture is also resolved. I was able to do it with brand new browser installation(without any add-on).

So it is obvious that SoundCloud has some deeper content interactions with some add-ons. Of course i tried to disable AdBlock etc. first but it did not help and I had no time to test it all.
Another websites work much better with add-ons. So again, i would like to see some change here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi b_hw,

Thanks for following up on this. I will pass on your feedback to the relevant team. If an email ever gets "unverified", then this is because we received an error when trying to send a message to that email recently. Hence, our system assumes the email is no longer valid and since certain activities require for the user to have a valid email address (uploading, sending messages), action is required.

Good to hear you were able to sort this out in the meantime. 🙂