Answered

Uploaded song unable to be played - Error message is displayed each time I try and play it.

• 13 March 2016
  • 1 reply

I uploaded a track 10 hours ago to SoundCloud and whenever I press play on the track it displays the error message: "This track can’t be played right now. Please try again later.". After that it will just grey out the play button, rendering it unable to be played at all.

Link to the track: https://soundcloud.com/facing-worlds/anti-gravity

Additional information:
  • I uploaded this track through a Mac Laptop running Mac OS X 10.10.3 using google chrome.
  • The track is in MP3 format.
  • I've never encountered this issue before.
icon

Best answer by Facing Worlds 13 March 2016, 06:04

So I managed to fix the problem.

I uploaded the same track to my Google Drive and it also did not want to play on there as well which was odd, so I decided to re-export the .wav file to .mp3 again. For some reason this file worked on both SoundCloud and Google drive. This is really strange because it worked on my computer just fine.
View original

1 reply

So I managed to fix the problem.

I uploaded the same track to my Google Drive and it also did not want to play on there as well which was odd, so I decided to re-export the .wav file to .mp3 again. For some reason this file worked on both SoundCloud and Google drive. This is really strange because it worked on my computer just fine.