Answered

Uploading Problem

• 3 August 2016
  • 1 reply

This is a question and a problem..

Every time I upload one of my recordings on soundcloud, it sounds very 'airy' and not like my original recording. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or something else I'm supposed to be doing?? I really want people hearing my original recording without the 'airy' noise it sticks in there.
Please help!
icon

Best answer by Justin Leary 3 August 2016, 05:55

Soundcloud won't change the sound of your recording. It does sound like something is adding some sort of effect (like reverb - you say "Airy") to the playback on soundcloud, possibly some sort of effect chain that often comes with basic consumer soundcards. You might want to check your computer, and/or try another machine or an ipad or something, to test playback on another device / browser combination. I know from my own experience that the way my songs sound when I have mixed them is how they play back on soundcloud. Hope that helps.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Soundcloud won't change the sound of your recording. It does sound like something is adding some sort of effect (like reverb - you say "Airy") to the playback on soundcloud, possibly some sort of effect chain that often comes with basic consumer soundcards. You might want to check your computer, and/or try another machine or an ipad or something, to test playback on another device / browser combination. I know from my own experience that the way my songs sound when I have mixed them is how they play back on soundcloud. Hope that helps.