Question

Urgent - My own track deleted (not by accident / not playlist) Please can I have it restored?

• 22 March 2016
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I just asked this question and it was not met with a reply.... Just thrown into another thread. Please could someone help me. My track has been deleted, and I do not know how. I did not accidentally delete it. I've seen some people have their tracks restored, and would really appreciate if you could restore my track, it must have happened in the last 24 hours.

The track was called BEAK - Timeshare

This customer service hasn't been very good as I can't even find a help email and no one replied to my thread, just closed it.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Unfortunately deleted tracks cannot be restored. This track is showing as deleted by user. If you believe your account has been hacked then you can request an investigation on your profile from our Trust and Safety team here.

-Gina
I've seen people have tracks restored on this forum though?

Is it possible to re upload the track but use the same link so it can still be accessed from press websites?
Hi,

Unfortunately deleted tracks cannot be restored. This track is showing as deleted by user. If you believe your account has been hacked then you can request an investigation on your profile from our Trust and Safety team here.

-Gina

Is it possible to re upload the track but use the same link so it can still be accessed from press websites?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes, you can re-upload the track with the same exact title and a link you gave out previously will work. However, the link may not work on social media since FB and Twitter sometimes have a hard time catching up with updated data but that is not under our control.

-Gina

Thanks Gina. Will this still work if the track has been embedded on a website with the soundcloud player? I've re-uploaded and the link works, but the press websites are still showing 'oops, that's not there'. Is it just a case of waiting for the link to be refreshed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi,

You will need to re-embed the player.

-G

Gina did a good job, as she said you just need to set the same url in your upload, (if you want to reupload the song and you manage to remind the address, usually you might just reload the same exact track if you didn't change the title at first upload), in any case if you have a limited account, (a pro or a free one), your oldest tracks are going to disappear till you free some space according to your limit. You can upgrade to an unlimited account to solve the situation, or if you are using a limited pro you can upgrade your spotlight section at the top. Few months ago a couple of my old uploads disappeared and reappeared a couple of days later, till it got fixed.
According to the press websites you might need, if the function is avaiable, to debug your "corrupt" posts.