Question

use blogs/update memos, etc.

• 7 August 2015
  • 2 replies

Is there a way for a use to post a text update/memo/link? For instance, I've finished editing some of my orchestral scores (for which the audio is already on SoundCloud) and I'd like to share a link to the score that has become available. I suppose I could send messages to everyone who follows me, but that seem cumbersome and I feel like it's bordering on spam.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there HKJones,

Thank you for posting. Hmm, If I understand your query correctly, I'd recommend to add the link to the description of your tracks on SoundCloud. Also, you could set up and customize the "buy" button to forward your listeners to your link.

Here's the general help center article about adding a buy button. How to customize the buy button to say something different then "buy" is explained here.

Apart from that, since new public tracks get pushed to your listeners' Stream, you could also record a quick notification and upload it to SoundCloud to let your listeners know what's new with your own voice 🙂

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there HKJones,

Thank you for posting. Hmm, If I understand your query correctly, I'd recommend to add the link to the description of your tracks on SoundCloud. Also, you could set up and customize the "buy" button to forward your listeners to your link.

Here's the general help center article about adding a buy button. How to customize the buy button to say something different then "buy" is explained here.

Apart from that, since new public tracks get pushed to your listeners' Stream, you could also record a quick notification and upload it to SoundCloud to let your listeners know what's new with your own voice 🙂

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Yes, that does help. Thanks. The last option is the one I thought I might try, but I'm glad I have the links for modifying the buy button. Thanks again. Maybe down the line, SoundCloud will consider integrating a mini-blog feature for Pro users, something like twitter with a character limit.