Question

What is the daily follow limit?

Userlevel 1
I don't want to be banned again, you've already told me in another post that the daily follow limit is the same for all users no matter how many bans of if their account is flagged so please can you tell me what the limit actually is or the parameters of it? Through a lot of research online i haven't been able to find a consistent answer, it seems like most people are resorting to guess work with this. Thanks

20 replies

Yea The Follow Limit Is I Belive Max Of Around 40 And You Get 12 Hour Ban. Then Next Time Is 2 Day Ban Then On Till You Are Done For.
Userlevel 1
Well sorry but that can't possibly be true, anyone else got an answer?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

SoundCloud profiles can follow up to 2000 other profiles. Blocks come from follow/unfollow behaviour not necessarily a set number so spacing out your follow actions will help you not get blocked.

Cheers,
Gina
Userlevel 1
Okay, I will take this advice! Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Okay, I will take this advice! Thanks!
Thanks for understanding Kryptonight :)

-G
Hi,

SoundCloud profiles can follow up to 2000 other profiles. Blocks come from follow/unfollow behaviour not necessarily a set number so spacing out your follow actions will help you not get blocked.

Cheers,
Gina

Hi Gina,
I am fairly new to Soundcloud and did not know about the following limit. I have followed a lot of people quickly without realising there were limits and got a warning. Because we have a limit of 2000 (which I also did not know) I am trying to un-follow so I can choose more selectively my 2000 followings to promote myself, but I have had another warning and I have not added more that 20 people in a week. So how do I get around this as the last thing I want to happen is to be banned. I have also read that you can get banned for posting too much to groups, is this true?
Many Thanks,
Evoorgi
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi,

Cheers,
Gina

Hi there Sean,

Thanks for posting on the help forum. Please see this article on our help center to learn more about our limits and blocks.

Generally speaking, rather then getting banned, you would run into longer lasting blocks if you repetitively end up in a block. If you're planning to tidy up your followers, we recommend to stretch that over a few days.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi,

Cheers,
Gina

this is bullshit i got banned from following and i wasnt even being spamful about it i was mak ing positive conncections, please unblock my account i will sue soundlcoud im dont giving soundcloud money for zero help in my promoting
Hi,

Cheers,
Gina

These soundcloud moderaters dont even seem to know how to inform people.
Userlevel 1
Hi,

Cheers,
Gina

this here seems to be a joke.no information,no possibility to get in contact with someone who knows what he is saying.
It's been 2 days that I'm banned from following.
Impossible to ask anybody what the hell is wrong with my account...
Why buying a Pro account for such a bad service? I wonder. SoundCloud is really digging its grave.
Why buying a Pro account for such a bad service? I wonder. SoundCloud is really digging its grave.

I got the numbers how to fuck soundcloud back in the ass.... for groups... u can spam to 300 groups in total in 24 hours.... do 1x 150 adds... 1x 150 12 hours later..

For like.. u can pump 60 likes and 12 hours later again 50/60.
For followers u can do follow 40 and unfollow 40 in 24 hours ;)

greetz and fuck soundcloud for their TERRIBLE service.. u get ZERO service with a PRO account.. what a goddamn joke!
Hi,

Cheers,
Gina

wait! sorry noob here but, how many followers can one have and why does it seem that we can't just follow everyone that follows?

thanks mate 4 info:)
Hello.

I was following a lot of people and I got banned for the first time, yes, I guess I was spamming and I learned my lesson. I wanted to start over and only follow people I really liked, so I started to unfollow everyone I was following. Then soundcloud banned me for 24 hours, I wasn't even spamming, I was unfollowing people. I did manage to unfollow everyone.

I waited 24 hours for my account to clear, then I started to follow some people I knew where good, I only followed no more than 8 people, then sound cloud banned me for 2 days. I wasn't even spamming, I was managing the people I follow, WTF.

I emailed Soundcloud to unblock me, still waiting for a response.
I've also had the same problems as mostly everyone else here. One time, there must've been at least a 12 hour gap after following the last person I followed (wasn't spamming) then I went to follow the people who followed me in my notifications. After I followed 2 people, I got blocked. I've tried to contact Soundcloud 3 times (because this has happened 3 times for no reason) and the only thing I got in response was, "How would you rate the support you received?" What support?! Blocking me?
These follow policies are utterly ridiculous. Soundcloud are circling the drain and they just seem hell bent on hastening their demise with their treatment of paying customers....fuck them, soundcloud totally deserves to die
WTF I've just starting following people had zero following for over a year wanted to get some people I got banned for 4 days never had a warning before this.
Wanted to go pro but it's the same story all over again why does soundcloud try to ban self promoting in a total
we pay we should be able to have a fair number of following unfollowing dailly.
Fix this bring free music back give the people a fair chance and it will come back to you soundcloud.
ZOMBIE
I don't want to be banned again, you've already told me in another post that the daily follow limit is the same for all users no matter how many bans of if their account is flagged so please can you tell me what the limit actually is or the parameters of it? Through a lot of research online i haven't been able to find a consistent answer, it seems like most people are resorting to guess work with this. Thanks
Necro bumb
soundcloud support is B**** made.
that is all