What to do when uploading your tracks is not working

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

From time to time, we see users concerned as they cannot seem to get their newest tracks out to their audience, which is why we've collected a number of troubleshooting tipps for you on our Help Center.

The first two things to check are:
Is your email address confirmed?
Do you have enough quota on your account?

All the best
Mathis

147 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi cvhf,

Thanks for reaching out to the help forum. Sure, I can try it out for you. Can you attach the file to an email here? Put my name in the subject and give me a head's up here on this thread when you have sent it so I can look for it.

Also, just to be sure, please send me link to your profile.

Cheers,
Gina
I am having the exact same issue since 1 month or so. Tried with Chrome and Safari. Uploads keep failing, this is becoming a real issue to me.
I also upload a lot of files to file servers and do not have these issues at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
knarf wrote:

I am having the exact same issue since 1 month or so. Tried with Chrome and Safari. Uploads keep failing, this is becoming a real issue to me.
I also upload a lot of files to file servers and do not have these issues at all.

Hi there knarf,

I believe I've responded to your query on a different conversation already - did you find the response?

Cheers
Mathis
No Look this is ridiculous. This problem is not solved. I've been trying to upload a 149mb wav file for over 2 hours now. the upload gets to a certain point (different every time) it stops for a couple of minutes and then resets to 0. I'm not being ungrateful of what soundcloud offers but I want answers? 😕
This is happening to me right now and it is driving me nuts, i started uploading the track since yesterday, i have 87 minutes left and the track is only 74 minutes... i restarted and cleared cache but still... i uploaded and went to sleep woke up the other day its still uploading and restarting... lost many GB for nothing.. need solutions asap,, regards
knarf wrote:

Your response on this topic didn't help at all. Don't just refer to your one-time answer... Here is a big problem that, if you don't fix it, will lead users to go to other websites. Please deal with the problem and don't just wait until the problem is fixed by trying the upload a hundred times.

As you see a lot of people are having trouble with the same problem... thus it seems to me, that the dysfunction is on your end.
I am having exactly the same problem. Trying for for a few days to upload a track, it gets to 3/4 or 10 % then goes back to zero or up & down in that fashion then cancels. Highest it went to was 30% then back to "choose file to upload" screen. Never encountered this before with Suondcloud.
What is the solution/problem with this?
Happening tonight. Have restarted the upload numerous times. Very frustrating.
Hello all, I am experiencing the same issue. I am uploading a 1.05GB WAV file and it consistently reaches 28% and then resets to 0%. This has been happening for 2 days now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
When I try to upload a track, it starts to upload and the detail fields appear for the to fill up, I make sure to fill the ones with *, I click save and it continues to upload but when the upload completes the detail fields show up again and a message that says "Ready. Click Save to post this track." but when I click save nothing happens, the fields briefly disappear but after a second they come back up
I thought it was because I missed a required field, but thats not the case as none of them appear red
I have tried to upload my mixes for almost 5 hours now with no luck. it only starts and goes to 1% the stops and not going anywhere.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I CANNOT UPLOAD MY MIXES.

I have tried to upload my mixes for almost 5 hours now with no luck. it only starts and goes to 1% the stops and not going anywhere.
trying to upload mix, but won t worK. Will load for a bit, then restart..;never finishing. Tried a bunch of times already,so what's the problem??
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can't upload.

trying to upload mix, but won t worK. Will load for a bit, then restart..;never finishing. Tried a bunch of times already,so what's the problem??
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Upload keeps restarting... podcast will only upload 20% then it goes back to 0....

My Upload keeps restarting... podcast will only upload 20% then it goes back to 0 and starts again. Over and over. What can I do? Please advise...it's been a full 2 days of repeats
This problem is not solved, i cant believe sound cloud havent sorted this out, and now they have removed the classic up-loader which actually worked! well done soundcloud
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Upload dropping out.

Hi, I'm trying to upload my mixes but the upload keeps dropping out and takes a long time.. very frustrating, Had to sit by my macbook for 3 hrs last week just trying to get 1 mix up?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Porque no me deja subir el track?.

Al esperar que se cargue el track, y poner guardar se queda en el mismo lugar y no lo postea en mi perfil, es el segundo track que quiero subir, alguien sabe que puede ser?
El track se carga, llega a su fin, y cuando le pongo la portada y pongo salvar nunca me redirige a la pagina de que fue cargado con exito o algo parecido, sino que pongo salvar y la pista se vuelve a empezar a cargar,así sucesivamente indefinidas veces. Nose que pasa
I've tried everyone's suggestions, but, my track is still processing...over 3 hours. It is only a little over a minute in length. I tried with Firefox and Explorer. Never had any trouble before. I also replied to the email that was sent regarding verification. Thank you for any help you can offer.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I uploaded a track but now when I go to the track it says "this track is being pr....

I uploaded a track but now when I go to the track it says "this track is being processed" and the track won't play. Any suggestions why? Have tried deleting and uploading again but the same thing happens.
have tried on safari and chrome and still the same deal. i have soundcloud pro so i am paying to upload big mixes but it won't upload. tried multiple times
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my track is only 214mb and is taking forever to upload. left it over night and it....

have tried on safari and chrome and still the same deal. i have soundcloud pro so i am paying to upload big mixes but it won't upload. tried multiple times
Can't upload mix on soundcloud, keeps restarting
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I'm trying to upload a mix about 60 mb but it keeps restarting. Please advice..

Can't upload mix on soundcloud, keeps restarting