Solved

When I repost nothing shows up in my feed?

• 10 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Since a few days back nothing I repost is being reposted.

This is supposed to show up in my feed when I repost, but it's not:

When looking at the picture, you can also see that it says it has been reposted "14 days" ago, which is certainly
NOT correct since I have been trying to repost it every week. Obviously without any result. Why is this? I got frustrated
last week and clicked 'repost' 4-6 times in a row because nothing was happening, it didn't show up anywhere and I STILL
got a warning and was banned from posting for 6 days. To me this means that something is clearly wrong.

If you could help me out with this I would be very grateful. Kind regards.

Edgar.
icon

Best answer by Happy Cat Disco (Mashups) 10 March 2017, 21:23

Hi Ascorbite,

Voice your complain on this thread. https://soundcloudcommunity.com/problems-with-re-reposts-230066/problems-with-re-reposts-7355534

Hey folks, I responded in another related thread so will paste that here for you:

"Hey Blu and Tim,

Firstly I agree and understand all of your points. We need better ways for artists, especially small ones, to promote themselves... especially since groups has been removed.

I can tell you we're working on things that will help solve that problem and drive people to your tracks (and with much less effort on your side as well).

As far as the reposts situation, we are watching the data and will also be looking at loosening it up a little as time goes on. I personally am also looking at making a better stream structure so that your stuff won't get washed away so quickly.

Lastly, just note that it may seem like you have less power now because of the re-repost policy, but this is actually leveling the playing field in terms of decreasing reposts overall, thus a more likely chance that people will see your stuff the first time you post or your friends repost it. Again, we're doing this based on data, and we'll continue watching it.

Thanks to you both for your feedback and for being fans. I appreciate your time."

Happy Cat - BTW thanks for all of your feedback, and we will indeed look at loosening this up as we get more data!

Cole said they will loosen the restriction soon Ascorbite. :D

Hi Edgar,

The way reposts work has been changed recently due to the feedback we'd gotten from many SoundCloud users, who felt they were being spammed by the same tracks over and over when users un-reposted, then reposted to get a track pushed back to the top of the stream.

You can still repost a track you've previously reposted, yet it will get pushed to the same position it was before.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

That's silly Mathis, anyone who doesn't like the re-repost could simply Unfollow.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Edgar,

The way reposts work has been changed recently due to the feedback we'd gotten from many SoundCloud users, who felt they were being spammed by the same tracks over and over when users un-reposted, then reposted to get a track pushed back to the top of the stream.

You can still repost a track you've previously reposted, yet it will get pushed to the same position it was before.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Ascorbite,

Voice your complain on this thread. https://soundcloudcommunity.com/problems-with-re-reposts-230066/problems-with-re-reposts-7355534

Hey folks, I responded in another related thread so will paste that here for you:

"Hey Blu and Tim,

Firstly I agree and understand all of your points. We need better ways for artists, especially small ones, to promote themselves... especially since groups has been removed.

I can tell you we're working on things that will help solve that problem and drive people to your tracks (and with much less effort on your side as well).

As far as the reposts situation, we are watching the data and will also be looking at loosening it up a little as time goes on. I personally am also looking at making a better stream structure so that your stuff won't get washed away so quickly.

Lastly, just note that it may seem like you have less power now because of the re-repost policy, but this is actually leveling the playing field in terms of decreasing reposts overall, thus a more likely chance that people will see your stuff the first time you post or your friends repost it. Again, we're doing this based on data, and we'll continue watching it.

Thanks to you both for your feedback and for being fans. I appreciate your time."

Happy Cat - BTW thanks for all of your feedback, and we will indeed look at loosening this up as we get more data!

Cole said they will loosen the restriction soon Ascorbite. :D

Hi Edgar,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

That's silly Mathis, anyone who doesn't like the re-repost could simply Unfollow.
Things are much clearer now, thanks! 🙂 I do agree that it's silly and that all anyone has to do if
they find the reposting annoying is to simply unfollow.

Kind regards!