Question

when uploading a playlist, why do i always have several tunes shown as "failed to upload ?

• 28 November 2014
  • 4 replies

i'm trying to upload a playlist of 79 tunes. when the uploading process is completed, there are always 6-8 songs showing "failed to upload". it doesn't appear to be a prob with these particular songs because i can come back later with a new upload of the this same playlist, and those songs will upload but several more will fail. i delete the failed songs but when i try to save the rest of them i get the following error msg:" Error saving track. Please try again. Require either asset_data parameter, or uid and original_filename parameters". whenever i try to leave the page i get " you still have incomplete uploads. pls be sure to save or cancel . . ." the only way i can leave the page is to cancel the whole upload. what i'd like to do is 1) delete the failed songs, 2) save the rest of the upload, 3) leave the page and view (and audition) my newly uploaded tracks.
QUESTIONS: 1) what can i do differently to prevent "failed to upload" on the tracks 2) what is:
"Require either asset_data parameter, or uid and original_filename parameters" and how do i
accomplish this. i've tried this on a Mac OSX 10.9 using safari and google chrome) and on a PC (google chrome)with win7 home. i did a forum search and the only thing i could find related to my issues was a post that Mathis replied to, 2 months ago. i've followed his suggestions including updating to the current ver of adobe flash player - 3) sometimes, the upload gets to 88% and stops. these tracks are mp3, each one ranging in the 4-9 MB size and the whole playlist totaling 520 MB.
sorry about the long post, but - if you don't have all the facts, you can't help me

RC

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting and especially for including all of the detail - issue is crystal clear 🙂 Apologies about the delay in responding. Our engineers are currently looking into improving the system for when users are uploading in bulk. This is something on our end and it is being addressed. I cannot provide a detailed roadmap for when this will be ultimately fixed. For now, I'd recommend to upload less tracks at a time to play it safe.

It looks like you've already done pretty thorough troubleshooting, so that's perfect. To be sure things are optimized for you, make sure you have a stable and fast Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.

Cheers,
Mathis
I cannot even upload a single song without this problem. How to complete an upload?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I cannot even upload a single song without this problem. How to complete an upload?
Hi Steve,

Have you tried our basic steps? What exactly happens when you try to upload a track?
when i check the playlist box its still does not give me an option to upload a playlist as a whole