Question

Where is the Advance Search option for looking up songs, genres, tags, etc?

• 16 July 2015
  • 4 replies

I'm unable to locate an Advanced Search option to filter more specifically as to what I'm looking for than what the basic filter on the left-hand side can provide. Did they remove it or am I blind?
I'm trying to find songs using more than one tag but don't know how to do so, since the filter only allows me to find songs using one tag.

I just started Soundcloud and am still getting used to everything, but I can't imagine the Advanced Seach option - a core feature - would be so hard to spot. Any tips?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

If you write in a search term like 'House' then hit enter, you will see a list of advance search options on the left. These are the only options available.

-Gina
Hi,

If you write in a search term like 'House' then hit enter, you will see a list of advance search options on the left. These are the only options available.

-Gina

I think what users need are:

Filter Results: Music/Audio length
Sort by popularity, by likes, by plays, etc.
Available for downloads, paid, etc.
Hi,

-Gina

Agree. I did a test on a song I uploaded. It's very difficult to find. The tag search is limited and doesn't give an option to enter your tag. Would be nice to see what the recent uploads were and maybe some type of sorting feature as well. From what I can tell, the search function only works on titles.
I would also very much like some advanced search option. There's an endless sea of content to search trough when looking for a specific sound.

Some useful additions to the filter suggestions already provided above: wildcard search, exclusions ( - "searchterm"), search/sort by release date