Question

Why are you pushing artists im not following onto my stream

Why am i paying $15 a month and this is happening. F&*^ Sakes

15 replies

Userlevel 2
Yup, this is fucking bullshit. Guess it's time to find an alternative to soundcloud.

If I wanted to go on facebook, I would've fucking went on facebook. There's a reason I'm following the people I want to hear.
Yes this is absolutely ridiculous! Sort it out soundcloud!!!
If this is a new "feature" of soundcloud, I will be doing all my listening somewhere else. This is annoying and dishonest.
Hi Booshy, Rauwz, Prizma & zeranzeran,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

I have just replied to Rauwz's query on the same subject so I will paste my reply on here as well as the it applies here as well.

"This sounds like you are seeing tunes that have been re-posted by people that you follow. As I don't' work for Soundcloud I have no way at seeing what appears in your stream, I can only view your public profile, but if any of these sounds have a symbol next to the artists name which shows 2 arrows forming a box shape then that will definitely be a re-post of a track from a person that you follow.

I would be very surprised if it is anything other than that. but if it isnt or you are just not sure then a screen shot would be helpful if at all possible."

Hopes this helps :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P

PLEASE,if you have no idea about what r you talking about ...... SHUT UP.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

I'd like to shed some light on this and explain what had happened - first things first, this wasn't a feature, it was a bug ;-)

Our system engineering reported a bug which caused for reposts not to be shown as such, i.e. it looked as if we (SoundCloud) were seemingly pushing random tracks to your Stream, which was not the case. This was reported last night and has by now been fixed, so your Streams should be back to normal.

Our sincere apologies about the troubles, and a huge thank you for your patience. I understand how frustrating such things are. This became even more obvious after reading all of your comments on this conversation.

Cheers,
Mathis

P.S.: Also, thank you djraveinpeace for jumping in and helping out!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @letstango,

Sorry about the confusion with this - a recent bug cause for this to happen to some of our users. The bug has been fixed and I've now sorted this for your Stream from our end, so you should no longer see any tracks from users you don't actually follow.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers
Mathis
DJ RIP we know what that looks like it has a little sign and then the person who reposts its name, I want this to happen! What I don't want is music being force fed to me!
Userlevel 4
DJ RIP we know what that looks like it has a little sign and then the person who reposts its name, I want this to happen! What I don't want is music being force fed to me!
"What I don't want is music being force fed to me!"

RIGHT.

and they act like that's NOT a problem

and

they act like it doesn't need to be LEGITLY fixed ASAP

I have just replied to Rauwz's query on the same subject so I will paste my reply on here as well as the it applies here as well.

"This sounds like you are seeing tunes that have been re-posted by people that you follow. As I don't' work for Soundcloud I have no way at seeing what appears in your stream, I can only view your public profile, but if any of these sounds have a symbol next to the artists name which shows 2 arrows forming a box shape then that will definitely be a re-post of a track from a person that you follow.

I would be very surprised if it is anything other than that. but if it isnt or you are just not sure then a screen shot would be helpful if at all possible."

Regards

DJ R.I.P

thats fucking annoying. Soundcloud needs to get its fucking shit together. Organization is terrible, app is so fucking stupid, its slow as shit. Like limit? THE FUCK? FUCK YOU SOUNDCLOUD!!!
Hi this is actually happening to me. I have never followed a person named SKAPES, yet all of his new music keeps getting pushed onto my stream through reposts from people I do not follow. I have tried following him then unfollowing him, but that did not work. I have blocked him, but that isn't working either. What can I do to get this guys music off of my stream?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Hi soundmello,

This issue was fixed a few days ago. A bug caused that reposts weren't actually indicated as reposts, i.e. it only seemed as if SoundCloud was pushing random track, when in reality, users you follow reposted these tracks. Are you still not seeing if a user has reposted a track? Is so, please do let us know so we can further investigate this for you from over there.

Cheers,
Mathis
Gonna be a necromancer and bring this old thread back up. But I've been noticing this behavior a LOT lately and it's kind of driving me insane as most of the random song posts are terrible.

Attaching a screenshot showing the behavior. Currently not following this LOLO BX dude but seeing it in my feed. I've even tried following and unfollowing just to hammer home the point, but he stays on my feed. 😞
Userlevel 6

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Userlevel 6
Hey mattod212 (& everyone else on this thread)

Apologies if any of what I replied with came across as condescending, not my intention, you do get users from experienced to relatively new on here so I don't like to assume that everyone knows the basics.

I will flag this up to Mathis & Gina for an official response as, having browsed through the forums on & off this evening (I don't work for soundcloud, I just try to help where I can on here) there does seem to be some kind of potential issue here, I'm not aware of any plans to enforce sounds into people's streams & would be surprised if this was the case.

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Random tracks were showing up on my stream earlier.

* I was not following this person

* I was not following anyone that reposted these tracks.

There were random people, some not famous, some very famous, showing up on my timeline for no reason.

The issue seems to be gone now though!