Question

Why can't I change the cover for my playlist?

• 13 January 2015
  • 7 replies

When I move to edit my playlist on my computer, I'm given the option to change the cover picture. I upload the picture and it seems to work, but when I refresh it goes back the the old cover pic. HELP!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Sullivan,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, let's see - please note that images cannot be larger then 2MB. Currently, you might not see an error message when you're trying to upload a picture that's larger then that (not ideal), so maybe this is already it.

Other then that, what happens if you try to do this in a different browser? Same here? Any plugins / extensions / add-ons installed on your browser that might be blocking this?

If none of this helps, please let us know which browsers you've tested, and feel free to attach the artwork here plus the url to the playlist where you want this to be changed - happy to test this from here for you and see if we can reproduce the issue.

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi there Sullivan,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, let's see - please note that images cannot be larger then 2MB. Currently, you might not see an error message when you're trying to upload a picture that's larger then that (not ideal), so maybe this is already it.

Other then that, what happens if you try to do this in a different browser? Same here? Any plugins / extensions / add-ons installed on your browser that might be blocking this?

If none of this helps, please let us know which browsers you've tested, and feel free to attach the artwork here plus the url to the playlist where you want this to be changed - happy to test this from here for you and see if we can reproduce the issue.

Cheers,
Mathis

Now the playlist has the right picture I uploaded, however the picture shown on the mobile app won't change.

https://soundcloud.com/sullivan-curd/sets/for-you-people
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Sullivan,

Cheers,
Mathis

Hey Sullivan,

*sigh* - #dominoeffect - so sorry about this! It might just be that your mobile device is still caching old data. If you have an Android device, here's what you can do:

1. Log out of the app
2. Force stop it by going to your Application Manager and clicking 'Force Stop'.
3. Under this menu also click 'Clear Cache'.
4. Restart your device
5. Open the app and log in again

*If none of these steps help to sort out the issue, please try deleting the app and re-installing it again from the Google Play store.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,
Mathis

P.S.: If you're on an iOS device, please try restarting the device and delete and reinstall the app from the app store if this doesn't do the trick already.
Hi there Sullivan,

Cheers,
Mathis

Uhh, me too, i tried uninstalling and installing and everything but it didnt work too. HELp
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Sullivan,

Cheers,
Mathis

Hey there Koe,

Is this on an Android, or on an iPhone device? If you're on Android, please make sure you check your sync settings for the SoundCloud app. Maybe this is where the issue is rooted?

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: If this needs further investigation, please send over the name and URL of the playlist, and feel free to attach the image that is supposed to show in your response as well 🙂
Hi there Sullivan,

Cheers,
Mathis

Hello Mathis I'm having a similar issue. Whenever I post that link to my twitter page. If the person viewing the link is on a cell phone or tablet they don't see that image. They see a previous picture that I had there instead, which is a burgundy square...not cool. I've tried replacing the picture multiple times and everything else that was mentioned and no luck. Can you please help me with this issue?

https://soundcloud.com/itstuse/rock-the-boat-freestyle

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Sullivan,

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi there,

Hmm, I'd try to add ?123 to the URL that gets shared to Twitter - there's a chance twitter will recognize it as a new track and won't fall back to cached information, which currently seems to be the case on the mobile phones.