Question

Why do all the "likes" from my followings are now in the "stream" category?

• 13 January 2015
  • 23 replies

Why this new update?
I mean is like if you go on Twitter and and you see all the "fav" on the news feed. There's no difference between the repost button and the like button now.
It's very problematic when you have many followings and you dont want to hear their "likes"

23 replies

Exactly, it makes my news feed totally useless having those "liked" tracks included.
Userlevel 1
Please please roll back this update, it's terrible and it's ruining my browsing experience on soundcloud. I follow way too many people to care what every single one of them likes, and it's cluttering up my stream. If this doesn't change, I'll have to find a new service to use.
I AGREE! I HAVE NO TIME TO BE SCROLLING THROUGH EVERYONES LIKE WHEN IM OUT DIGGING FOR NEW STUFF. ITS WAY TO CLUTTERED AND IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO SPEND ANYTIME ON SOUNDCLOUD AT ALL.
Userlevel 1
This update is the most disapponting thing I've experienced on the soundcloud so far. My stream which I was using as a showcase of my favourite artists has become completely useless. I don't understand this feature at all..
is there any way to change it in a setting? I cant find it
Userlevel 1
me neither. I just wrote about it on a customer service so i am curious what they tell me.
yea lmk what you find out
Userlevel 1
I will surely post the result in this forum if I'll got any. And as the unlimited pro plan user I should have..
Userlevel 1
So this is what I've got from the customer service:

Thanks for writing in and sorry for any confusion caused here.

Let me just briefly explain what's going on here. You are part of one of the experiments we are currently running on the latest version of SoundCloud.

To explain, we’re currently working on making SoundCloud as high performing and efficient as possible, whilst also implementing the feature requests we’ve received from you, the community.

With this particular experiment we are either introducing your own likes into your Stream or the likes of those you follow into your Stream. This is similar to a popular feature on the Classic site that wasn’t integrated when the new platform was released. As such, we’re hoping to monitor whether or not these changes result in users being more engaged, and if these changes improve your overall experiences with SoundCloud.

In order to test ideas with as little impact on all SoundCloud users we’re rolling out these experiments to a small but broad cross section of people so we can test feedback and statistics before we introduce a new feature or change to everyone.

For these tests to be statistically accurate, we also assign them randomly. As such, it is not possible to opt out of the tests at this time.

Rest assured, this experiment will be run for as short a time as possible and you will only be part of one test at a time so as to minimize disturbance. In addition, tests such as this will not affect people that visit your profile, unless they are also opted in.

We hope that by taking this approach, in the long term your experience as a user of SoundCloud will be the best and with changes based on what you want to see.

I also think it's an interesting point to allow the user to enable or disable this feature on their own volition. I'm going to forward this on to our developers for their consideration.

I do understand the potential inconvenience this has caused and at this time it is just an experiment so your feedback here is invaluable.
Cool, yea just if anyone up there is reading this just add something to turn it on if you want to or not. I'm sure people will appreciate the option, both sides pleased cause I'm sure there are a few people who like this. Not a terrible update but I definitely wanna go back to how it was.
Userlevel 1
Cool, yea just if anyone up there is reading this just add something to turn it on if you want to or not. I'm sure people will appreciate the option, both sides pleased cause I'm sure there are a few people who like this. Not a terrible update but I definitely wanna go back to how it was.
Yes, I also suggest to everyone to post your feedback about this feature to the customer service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

First of all, I really appreciate that you're posting and expressing feedback on the help forum. @Syk2ne - thanks for pasting the response on the forum for context. I've forwarded the link to this conversation to the relevant team already for them to review, but please feel free to let us know about your individual feedback via email, too.

Apologies that this has caused so much confusion.

All the best,
Mathis
So this is what I've got from the customer service:

Thanks for writing in and sorry for any confusion caused here.

Let me just briefly explain what's going on here. You are part of one of the experiments we are currently running on the latest version of SoundCloud.

To explain, we’re currently working on making SoundCloud as high performing and efficient as possible, whilst also implementing the feature requests we’ve received from you, the community.

With this particular experiment we are either introducing your own likes into your Stream or the likes of those you follow into your Stream. This is similar to a popular feature on the Classic site that wasn’t integrated when the new platform was released. As such, we’re hoping to monitor whether or not these changes result in users being more engaged, and if these changes improve your overall experiences with SoundCloud.

In order to test ideas with as little impact on all SoundCloud users we’re rolling out these experiments to a small but broad cross section of people so we can test feedback and statistics before we introduce a new feature or change to everyone.

For these tests to be statistically accurate, we also assign them randomly. As such, it is not possible to opt out of the tests at this time.

Rest assured, this experiment will be run for as short a time as possible and you will only be part of one test at a time so as to minimize disturbance. In addition, tests such as this will not affect people that visit your profile, unless they are also opted in.

We hope that by taking this approach, in the long term your experience as a user of SoundCloud will be the best and with changes based on what you want to see.

I also think it's an interesting point to allow the user to enable or disable this feature on their own volition. I'm going to forward this on to our developers for their consideration.

I do understand the potential inconvenience this has caused and at this time it is just an experiment so your feedback here is invaluable.

the likes i made were because of the stream mostly and now i have only things i have already liked so what could i like. I WANT TO SEE WHAT THE ARTIST I AM FOLLOWING ARE POSTING GOD DAMN. This is the idea of subscribe and follow i think
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Just a heads up that this experiment has for now been closed, so all of your Streams should be back to normal.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi again,

Just a heads up that this experiment has for now been closed, so all of your Streams should be back to normal.

Cheers,
Mathis

Yes, it seems it is ok now. Thanks
How do you unfollow an artist. I have a playlist of chrismayo but made the mistake of liking Mike Viola now his songs keep cluttering my playlist.
Hi again,

Cheers,
Mathis

Mine is not back to normal. I want a playlist using just chrismayo but unfortunately added Mike Viola as an artist to follow. Now his songs are cluttering my playlist even when I did not choose to have them. I think it is because I chose to "follow" him. How do I removed him from that list so he will stop cluttering my stream? Also once a stream is established can I put it on rerun to get it to play over until stopped.
Userlevel 4
Please please roll back this update, it's terrible and it's ruining my browsing experience on soundcloud. I follow way too many people to care what every single one of them likes, and it's cluttering up my stream. If this doesn't change, I'll have to find a new service to use.
"Please please roll back this update, it's terrible and it's ruining my browsing experience on soundcloud."

BRO...i feel your pain...

it's a mockery how long that they've let the STREAM experience erode to folly...should have been fixed SO LONG AGO already.
Userlevel 4
I AGREE! I HAVE NO TIME TO BE SCROLLING THROUGH EVERYONES LIKE WHEN IM OUT DIGGING FOR NEW STUFF. ITS WAY TO CLUTTERED AND IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO SPEND ANYTIME ON SOUNDCLOUD AT ALL.
"I HAVE NO TIME TO BE SCROLLING THROUGH EVERYONES LIKE WHEN IM OUT DIGGING FOR NEW STUFF. ITS WAY TO CLUTTERED AND IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO SPEND ANYTIME ON SOUNDCLOUD AT ALL."

yes!

how do the mods and devs NOT understand such a simple principle?!?!
Userlevel 4
This update is the most disapponting thing I've experienced on the soundcloud so far. My stream which I was using as a showcase of my favourite artists has become completely useless. I don't understand this feature at all..
OMG I AGREE 100%!!!

the MAIN FEATURE that made SoundCloud attractive has now been stripped from us and corrupted.
Userlevel 4
"I definitely wanna go back to how it was"

you're not the only one, man...

this issue has been going on for WAY too long
Userlevel 4
Hi everyone,

First of all, I really appreciate that you're posting and expressing feedback on the help forum. @Syk2ne - thanks for pasting the response on the forum for context. I've forwarded the link to this conversation to the relevant team already for them to review, but please feel free to let us know about your individual feedback via email, too.

Apologies that this has caused so much confusion.

All the best,
Mathis

"I've forwarded the link to this conversation to the relevant team already for them to review"

we've heard that a million times already...jfc