Answered

Why is adding songs to playlists so tedious?

• 16 July 2016
  • 1 reply

I was wondering why in order to create/edit a playlist, you have to locate the song, click an unlabeled button opening a drop down menu with only three items, click another button, search a list, click another button, and then repeat this entire process for however many songs you want to add.

I feel like creating and editing playlists song by song is both tedious and confusing, taking the fun out of sharing and organizing the songs that you've discovered.

Instead, why not add an "add playlist"/"edit playlist" button on the dashboard, allowing people to jump to their playlist page (or the "create new playlist" sub-window) and select (check mark) songs from their "likes" and "overview" page. This way, multiple songs could be added to a playlist efficiently and quickly. In addition, many other services use this model towards playlists making the result more familiar to both new and old members alike (since it doesn't conflict with the existing method, old members won't be alienated by it).

Finally, it's relatively simple to implement with the existing lists allowing you to easily locate the music that you want at a glance. With the existing "add to playlist" buttons (which probably call a function to get the unique ID of the song), all you have to do is create a modified version of the function that also takes the playlist ID into account and adds the songs when the user presses "ok" to confirm the songs they want to add (assuming the "check mark" idea is being used).

I love this website/app and use it every day at work to find great new songs, but at the end of the day when I'm ready to put the time in to organize my songs, I want it to be as easy and straight forward as possible...(I already have to put all of my songs in a playlist in case I "unlike" a song and lose it forever)
icon

Best answer by Mathis 22 July 2016, 11:58

Hi XeroJoy,

Thank you so much for thoroughly outlining your feedback. This is much appreciated and I've made sure to forward that on to the relevant product team.

Cheers
M
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi XeroJoy,

Thank you so much for thoroughly outlining your feedback. This is much appreciated and I've made sure to forward that on to the relevant product team.

Cheers
M