Answered

Why is it that I can no longer upload directly from GarageBand to my SoundCloud account?

• 2 October 2015
  • 40 replies

Why is it that I can no longer upload directly from GarageBand to my SoundCloud account? The only reason I am paying for SoundCloud is because I want the ability to transfer directly from GarageBand to SoundCloud with unlimited space. It was working last week and suddenly stopped!!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 5 October 2015, 17:17

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your encouragement on this conversation and apologies again that the api integration wasn't working temporarily. Our engineers have now fixed this issue, so the integrations should be working properly again.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

40 replies

I'm having the same issue.
I am currently experiencing the same problem. I have been trying for more than an hour already to upload a song cover I recorded a few hours ago on the GarageBand app to my SoundCloud account, but it just wouldn't work. A window asking me to log in to SoundCloud keeps on popping out, which is quite odd because for the longest time, my SoundCloud account has already been "connected" with the GarageBand app. I didn't change devices (still using the same tablet). Also, I'm 100% sure I typed in the correct details (window says I typed in wrong "credentials") but I still cannot gain "authorization" to "connect" my GarageBand app to SoundCloud. I've uploaded tracks from GarageBand to SoundCloud multiple times before. Only realized there was a problem with the system today.
I am also having the same issue. Using Garage Band on an iPad Air 2. Same exact issue. Why is this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this issue on our help forum. GarageBand is using our public API - a part of our codebase basically - to integrate the upload function in their app. Thus, the root cause for this might actually lie with them in this case.

However, I've forwarded your report to the relevant product team on our end as well for review and to see if there is something we can do to fix this from our end.

In the meantime, you should be able to transfer your tracks via iTunes according to this article on Apple's documentation. Once that's done, you can upload your tracks via your computer's web browser.

Thanks again bringing this to our attention, I hope this can soon be resolved.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Korg Gadget won't sign into sound cloud.

I'm using Korg gadget on my iPad. Yesterday it stopped signing into my sound cloud account. I can sign in fine using the sound cloud app and my internet browser. When I use the same sign in details within the Korg Gadget app it says "oops there's been a problem" Can anyone help?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled logic pro x soundcloud share function not working.

the share to soundcloud options started to not work yesterday. it just continues to ask for you to sign in and does not move forward
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

It looks like all of these conversation have the same root cause in common. We've forwarded your reports to our developers and are hoping this can soon be solved.

Thanks for your patience. We'll update here once we have news on the case.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cubasis login issues.

Unable to sign in to Sound Cloud from Cubasis (or AudioCopy for that matter). Same login credentials work for logging in to my page. Just seems like an issue loging in via third party apps. Would really like to upload new work!
Hi there everyone,

It looks like all of these conversation have the same root cause in common. We've forwarded your reports to our developers and are hoping this can soon be solved.

Dude, seriously? Just undo the changes that you made to BREAK ALL mobile logins and uploads for iOS apps. It's been over 24 hours now since anyone has been able to use soundcloud from 3rd party apps.
lots of unhappy people in the korg gadget community experiencing the same problem. Any news?
Attempting to sign into Soundcloud from AudioCopy - keeps rejecting correct credential saying they are wrong? Same from iPhone or iPad. Is this a recognised problem?
Hi there everyone,

I actually see the same rejection of valid credentials in the older version of ipad soundcloud app, t ..
Hi there everyone,

Yeah, they changed something server side, and broke something or maybe a deprecated api so older apps are hosed. They need either change it back, or to tell developers what changed so we can update our apps.
Keeps rejecting my attempts to sign in using Korg Gadget, haven't tried garageband
Same here.
When is this going to get fixed? Monday no doubt.
Fine by me, but I'd appreciate acknowledgement.
Attempting to sign into Soundcloud from AudioCopy - keeps rejecting correct credential saying they are wrong? Same from iPhone or iPad. Is this a recognised problem?

Share your pain - having the same issue with Launchpad - novation, iMachine - Native instruments, Focusrite Tape for iPads. Also put a help request out for any

suggestions or it appears there is a real issue.
Same from music studio!!!! Stopped uploading to sound cloud?
Yep, does not work from Korg Gadget, does not work from Nanostudio, does not work from GarageBand, does not work from Music Studio. There is no reply on this thread from Soundcloud for 3 days on progress and there is no reply in the Korg community site. Pretty bad communication and experience.
They replied to me via Twitter that they're 100% aware of the problem, and will fix it.

https://twitter.com/SCsupport/status/...
Yeah... To my experience, Twitter is the only way to go, when looking for support for anything. If for no other reason than because it's highly visible & public, and no one wants to lose face in that big a spotlight. Forums amount to dusty, smelly little corners, nowadays. With few exceptions.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why am I'm not able to upload from garageband to soundcloud?.

I've never had this problem before, my garageband app and soundcloud were working seamlessly together.

However, everytime I try to send a song to soundcloud now, I get a pop up window that asks me to confirm my email address information.

I know that I have correctly entered the information. When I enter the information the window just disappears and the song is not exported to soundcloud!

What should I do? I know other people are having this issue as well. All my info should be correct! I don't understand why it isn't working!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Daniel with korg gadget problems.

Could anybody please help? My korg gadget profile will not log in, I keep getting oops . Souncloud is fine and Facebook too. Even changed password etc. The korg gadget app lets me still load and save songs but just won't let me upload or view profile. Can't find what to do and it's making me wanna smash things lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your encouragement on this conversation and apologies again that the api integration wasn't working temporarily. Our engineers have now fixed this issue, so the integrations should be working properly again.

Cheers
Mathis