Answered

Why is soundcloud blocking all my activities on my account?

So, I've had soundcloud before but about 3 months ago, I started getting really serious about Branding myself and my music. And so I deleted my old soundcloud, decided to start completely from scratch under a new artist name. Loose Kite. In addition to being on soundcloud, I am part of 7 music production closed groups on facebook and 11 closed groups on Google +. I've been trying to release 1 song every month in order to keep consistency. It's been 3 months, I have 2 up and I'm about to upload my third.
What I'm really getting at is that, I've been trying to take my music to the next level and get as much exposure as possible. So I'm on soundcloud every single day. I reply to every comment, when a friend from my groups follow me, I return the favor and follow back, maybe check out their music as well, Like or Leave a comment to show my gratitude or sometimes I'd even write to someone and say thanks for reposting and supporting my songs. I try to build as much genuine relationships as I can.
So it all started last month, I surprisingly got flagged for following too many people , mind you, I follow just under 1100 of my friends who follow me. A couple days later, I had a couple people follow me from my groups, when I went to follow back....well I couldn't!! I was blocked from following any more users because I've been robotic!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!?? Then when my second song came out, I asked in my groups how to get more activity on my new song, a bunch of my friends suggested that I try the FREE REPOST services on soundcloud, and so I did! In the middle of writing to a few selected FREE REPOST accounts, A white screen popped up and told me that I need to slow down on sending too many messages, so I left it alone. Next day, I gave it a shot and started writings to the accounts again as I had bookmarked them. That's when, a couple messages in, my messaging abilities were suspended!!
I am the kind of person that doesn't break easily, so I still made peace with the shitty service despite all of that going on. It takes a lot to get me pissed off! And Soundcloud you fucking did it!! Today one of my friends Liked/Commented And Reposted one of my songs. It was a really nice gesture, and I went ahead to do what I always do when someone showed loved to my account, I went to Like and Comment on one of his songs on his account to show my gratitude and return the love...AND GUESS WHAT!!?? I got a fucking message popped on the screen saying that my account has been doing excessive LIKING AND COMMENTING and that my privileges to like or comment on a friend's song would be suspended if I don't "SLOW DOWN"!!
WTF!? What is the point of creating a service and then block people from getting the full potential of it!? Why are you people messing with my account!!?? Do you know how FRUSTRATING this shit is!? I can't FOLLOW/SEND MESSAGE/LIKE/COMMENT/ or REPOST!! what's the point of having an account then!!?? And here I was thinking that I should go premium, now why would I do that!?? Why would I pay you my hard earned money for some BS service that I can't even use!!? SOO WHYY?? TELL ME!! WHY IS SOUNDCLOUD BLOCKING ALL THE ACTIVITIES ON MY ACCOUNT!!?? What's next??? I can't fucking listen to a song!?? I've clicked too many times?? GET FUCKING REAL!!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 6 May 2016, 12:18

Hi there,

To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for liking too many tracks, but instead for re-liking the same tracks too often. Our Trust & Safety team has implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account likes, unlikes and then re-likes the same track(s) or playlist(s) again in a short period of time.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from liking for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run into this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Best regards,
Mathis
View original

2 replies

SOundcloud should list the # of times you can email or like a track and post it to their homepage
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for liking too many tracks, but instead for re-liking the same tracks too often. Our Trust & Safety team has implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account likes, unlikes and then re-likes the same track(s) or playlist(s) again in a short period of time.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from liking for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run into this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Best regards,
Mathis