Question

Why is the task bar (at the top of the site where the search bar and logo are located) totally blank?

Every time i get on the website the grey task bar at the top is always blank. It makes it extremely difficult to use the site like this. I can't upload, search, or look at my profile.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. If this issue persists, please make sure to run our basic steps to either solve the issue or isolate the root cause further.

Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
I just recently started having this problem. I've tried all of the basic steps in the link you provided and nothing works. Any idea why it is happening and how I can fix it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I just recently started having this problem. I've tried all of the basic steps in the link you provided and nothing works. Any idea why it is happening and how I can fix it?
Hi there,

Hmm, quite weird if this happens in all of the browsers you've tested (which browsers did you test?). Any chance you have a different resolution than the default on your screen? If so, try resetting it to see if this helps for the purpose of isolating the issue.

Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
I've tried Firefox and Safari. The resolution on my Macbook is set to default. I clicked reset on Firefox and it didn't fix anything. It wasn't doing it every single time I would visit. It would be random. I could go to the site that morning and it would be fine. I'd come back an hour or so later and it would be blank at the top. Now, it's doing it every single time I visit the site. I'm not really sure what's going on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again Jessica,

Hmm, quite strange - Firefox provides their so called "safe mode". Can you try using this to see if the issue remains the same please? Also, Which operating system are you using, and is your browser up to the most recent version?
It still showed up blank in "safe mode". Safari and Firefox are both updated to the latest versions. I'm using a Macbook Pro with OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.5 which also seems to be the latest version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jessica,

Sorry to hear this is still an issue for you. It looks like both of the issues you're currently facing are to do with displaying certain parts of the website. I've had a number of colleagues check under Safari on El Capitan if they were experiencing the same issue, however they weren't able to get the issue to show. One of my colleagues did remember a similar issue at some point and it was caused by AdBlock. Only after he uninstalled the extension and restarted the browser, the issue would go away.

I believe I mentioned this on your other conversation, but just to be sure - please try and see if in Safari - Preferences - Advanced the box is ticked that says "Turn off plugins to save power". If so, please untick, and restart Safari.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers
Mathis
I don't remember talking about the Safari setting but I followed your instructions and it doesn't fix the issue. I also completely uninstalled AdBlock and restarted my browser. It doesn't fix the task bar issue or the playlist issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
HI Jessica,

Thanks for getting back to me about this. I've tried to emulate the issue from your account on a number of different systems, however to no availability - I cannot seem to reproduce the issue, which makes troubleshooting super difficult. I'm somewhat out of ideas here. 😕

Let's go through the list of things to test to see if we've really exceeded our options.
  • Clear your cache & Cookies
  • Update Flash player / Uninstall Flash Player / Reinstall Flash Player
  • Use the browser's private / incognito mode
  • Use a different browser - the most current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari should all work with SoundCloud
  • Disable any third party extensions - AbBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, or any other Flash blocking extensions are known to cause issues with SoundCloud sometimes.
  • Test the same SoundCloud account on a different computer
  • Test the same computer on a different internet connection
  • Test a different account on the same computer and network
I realize this is a long list of things the regular user would normally not perform, however in order to troubleshoot the specific issue you're experiencing, I wanted to make sure to list all of the things that could potentially come in the way & the things that can be done to isolate what might be the root cause of an issue.

I wish there was more I could do from my end to help. If anyone else on this forum can help further and has an idea what might be causing the issue for Jessica, please chime in.

If you end up figuring out what the root cause was, please share here.

Thank you and all the best
Mathis
I could have sworn that I tried the private mode on Firefox. I just tried it two different times and everything works just fine. The task bar shows up and so do all of the songs on playlists. I honestly thought I tried that option but I guess I didn't. I've tried every other option though and none of those fix the issues. So, what do I do now?

ETA: I just tried it again using a private window. The task bar is showing up but the playlist isn't showing all of the songs now. I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore.
I have the same problem as well.