Question

Why Soundcloud changes the color of my images?

• 12 December 2015
  • 17 replies

Every time I upload my images Soundcloud adds a filter, changes the tone and colors of my image and it looks really bad. I tried different formats and many different sizes but nothing seems to work. Somebody had the same problem before?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Madillac,

Hmm, this sounds odd - we don't add any filters. Can you send over a screenshot of how it looks on your SoundCloud profile, and attach the original here on the help forum, too, so we can see the difference?

Cheers
Mathis
https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/

This is the comparison...

The one on the right is the original. you can see the change of colors on the left (Soundcloud upload window)

Hello ?
Hi there,

We have the same problem. The cover gets way too pink when we upload - see below. Left is the correct color and right the wrong/uploaded.

How can that be?
MOTHERFUCKERS STOP COLORING MY ALBUM ART IN PINK OR I'LL BREAK YOUR FUCKING LEGS.

With love and passion,
Félix Boissonneault
Whats happening with this!? Why has my profile photo got a purple tinge to it!? I need more black. Every thing must be black.
wtf is the answer SoundCloud?
yep, having the same issue still in 2017... LEFT is from my soundcloud profile, right is the original
Had the same issue – was using firefox to upload image, tried it with safari and bingo no issues

Try a different browser
Yes i found that out too, so it changes colours on Chrome, firefox... but on Safari not
Why does this say solved. Why is Soundcloud not fixing this issue?
Why does this say solved. Why is Soundcloud not fixing this issue? its fixed, its basically some browsers change the colours of the profile pictures, as exp. when i use safari, the colours are as they should be, but in Google Chrome Web Browser the colours are different.
Why does this say solved. Why is Soundcloud not fixing this issue? its fixed, its basically some browsers change the colours of the profile pictures, as exp. when i use safari, the colours are as they should be, but in Google Chrome Web Browser the colours are different.
as a coder, there is a fix for everything. I don't use Safari regularly. There are no other website that I have used where Chrome changes the color of my images. I also should not have to search a forum to find this answer. This has been happening for two years. Maybe Soundcloud should add a message suggesting that we use Safari to add photos. Maybe they should hire me to find a solution because I know there is one.
as a coder, there is a fix for everything. I don't use Safari regularly. There are no other website that I have used where Chrome changes the color of my images. I also should not have to search a forum to find this answer. This has been happening for two years. Maybe Soundcloud should add a message suggesting that we use Safari to add photos. Maybe they should hire me to find a solution because I know there is one. i dont know man, but thats literally the issue, you can see the colors as they original in safari, and on chrome its different, its like that for me, and for someone that wrote here too
as a coder, there is a fix for everything. I don't use Safari regularly. There are no other website that I have used where Chrome changes the color of my images. I also should not have to search a forum to find this answer. This has been happening for two years. Maybe Soundcloud should add a message suggesting that we use Safari to add photos. Maybe they should hire me to find a solution because I know there is one. i dont know man, but thats literally the issue, you can see the colors as they original in safari, and on chrome its different, its like that for me, and for someone that wrote here too

In my case I uploaded through Chrome on Friday, as I do every Friday, and it showed all over soundcloud and embedded on other websites with a different color scheme. Any other image I replaced it with was as is. I just reuploaded via Safari, after reading this forum, and it looks fine. In my world, if it doesn't work in all browsers, it doesn't work. At least give us a message telling us not to use Chrome .

In my case I uploaded through Chrome on Friday, as I do every Friday, and it showed all over soundcloud and embedded on other websites with a different color scheme. Any other image I replaced it with was as is. I just reuploaded via Safari, after reading this forum, and it looks fine. In my world, if it doesn't work in all browsers, it doesn't work. At least give us a message telling us not to use Chrome .

Make sure your images don't have a colour profile on them when exporting. ie in photoshop use file>save for web + devices>save as

Some websites will interpret the colour differently, if you do it this way it should be viewed the same everywhere
Thanks,

the photoshop "Export -> save for web" option solved it here. Same color as the original in any browser.