Question

Your Customer Service is lacking and your website management is terrible.

• 26 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
This question still hasn't been resolved satisfactorily and been ongoing for ages!

It's
not a major problem, but when a) it's coupled with the numourus small
issues, b) how poor the website is in general and c) the fact that I pay for this poor service - I'm left feeling like you guys don't give a damn anymore.

This link will bring you to the problem I'm taking about - I demand that this is addressed properly and not just paid lip service to, like normal. Otherwise I'm taking my money elsewhere when my renewal date comes up in February.
https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/old-notifications-reapper-annoying?utm_source=...

5 replies

Hey, I am facing same problem, These guy's help me out to resolve my problem.
Soundcloud Support Number: 1(844)235-2744
I'd like to report I am also experiencing this problem.

Whatever the problem is, it's definitely related to the site and our accounts.

I see this notification, 100% of the time whether I'm on work PC, my Macbook, or my home PC. All 3 are dramatically different systems with completely different hardware and setups, all the way down to the networks they run on.

The work PC has its cache cleared constantly. As it downloads updates and changes to itself, every time it's booted up. Programs NOT a part of the default setup from the company, are removed per SOP. And programs that are default from the company are completely reset... EVERY time you turn the system on, as a security measure. It's a Windows 7 Enterprise system.

The Macbook is a Pro model connecting with Safari. Is fully update to date, and has given me no issues with anything else. It's cache has also been cleared. The notification problem on this website still persists.

The Home PC is a fully-custom built, running Windows 10 Pro and Arch Linux (oh yes, this problem exists on Linux browsers as well). As I completely constructed that system from the ground up, I know it thoroughly.
For a certainty, the notification issue is on the Soundcloud website.

The only resolution I can suggest, is somehow, giving us new accounts, and moving our listening history and favorites over to it.
The browsers used across all devices are:
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox Quantum, Safari, and Vivaldi.

But again, 100% certain, this is on your side.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Facebook, Twitter, Google, Hotmail, Yahoo mail, eBay, Trademe, Netflix, The Playstation Network, Skype, Myspace YouTube etc etc.....
All those sites use notifications, just like Soundcloud, but NO OTHER SITE has the notification problem that Soundcloud has - so that eliminates the go to line of, "clear your cache & cookies often, or log out of your account every time you close your browser" and has nothing to do with the operating system, browser or browser version. I shouldn't have to clear my cache or cookies and don't want to either, as I like the benefits they bring. That repeated solution is as useful as saying, "try switching it off and on again".
Regards my system specs, I could be running Windows 3.0 and Netscape, it's not relevant in this case due to the other sites mentioned having no issues of this kind at all. It's a site issue, otherwise it would be common across other sites I use, and while the complaint might not be a common one, I'm still not the only one with the exact same issue, and might I add that just because it hasn't been reported to a high extent, doesn't mean it isn't happening with more people - to be fair not that many people would see it as an issue to deal with.
I do appreciate that you're trying to help, really I do and I'm not having a dig at you personally. But no ones offering a real solution and while this isn't the end of the world, this and other issues are not making for an experience I want to continue paying for. If I was a free user, I don't think I'd honestly care, but I am a paying user and when a pay for something I want it to work.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your respectful response, I appreciate you see that I am trying to help. I have to be straight forward - we do not know why this is an issue for some users and not for all. We can't fix something where we don't understand the cause. The questions I asked you were not to find blame elsewhere but to narrow the possibilities of what is triggering this glitch.

I understand you've reached the end of your patience, if you prefer not to share further about the specs of what computer or browser you are using then the best I can do is let our engineers know that this is still an issue causing major pain points in the community. From there, they can keep an eye out on all entire notifications systems and monitor any red flags.

Thanks again for bringing this back to our attention.

-Gina
Userlevel 1
Facebook, Twitter, Google, Hotmail, Yahoo mail, eBay, Trademe, Netflix, The Playstation Network, Skype, Myspace YouTube etc etc.....
All those sites use notifications, just like Soundcloud, but NO OTHER SITE has the notification problem that Soundcloud has - so that eliminates the go to line of, "clear your cache & cookies often, or log out of your account every time you close your browser" and has nothing to do with the operating system, browser or browser version. I shouldn't have to clear my cache or cookies and don't want to either, as I like the benefits they bring. That repeated solution is as useful as saying, "try switching it off and on again".
Regards my system specs, I could be running Windows 3.0 and Netscape, it's not relevant in this case due to the other sites mentioned having no issues of this kind at all. It's a site issue, otherwise it would be common across other sites I use, and while the complaint might not be a common one, I'm still not the only one with the exact same issue, and might I add that just because it hasn't been reported to a high extent, doesn't mean it isn't happening with more people - to be fair not that many people would see it as an issue to deal with.
I do appreciate that you're trying to help, really I do and I'm not having a dig at you personally. But no ones offering a real solution and while this isn't the end of the world, this and other issues are not making for an experience I want to continue paying for. If I was a free user, I don't think I'd honestly care, but I am a paying user and when a pay for something I want it to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Paul,

I want to help you get rid of this nuisance. It's not great for us, working in community, to see community members coming back with the same problems either. This issue with the orange notification dot appearing seems to affect a handful of users and we do not know the common denominator of why some users always see that notification and others don't. We have over 300 million users, if this was a site wide issue then this forum would be overwhelmed with similar to requests to yours but that is not the case. I'm not trying to tell you this issue does not matter or that you are wrong but I need your help in trying to figure out what you and your computer are doing differently that causes the notification to stick.

In the thread you linked to Mathis had sent a couple actions that trigger your browser to tell SoundCloud "this user is logging in for the first time, show them notification" Do you clear your cache & cookies often, or ilog out of your account every time you close your browser?

Also, let me know what operating system, browser and browser version you use.

I'm sorry I don't have magic simple answer, thats the truth, but I will try to figure it out with you.

-Gina