Question

"Your track will be deleted shortly", it says, but....the track never deletes.

• 9 November 2015
  • 14 replies

This track, and several others that I want to delete, APPEAR to delete. When I click the trashcan, I get a message that says "Your Track Will Be Deleted Shortly....Learn More"...and the track did go away (yesterday when I deleted it)...and the minutes available count went up....but today, the track is back on my list of tracks. that is why i say, "IT WON'T DELETE". There are several tracks like this I've been wanting to delete for weeks and have tried multiple times, have tried clearing cache and cookies. Soundcloud delete is not working, so wanted to ask for help. Here is the sample track:https://soundcloud.com/wade-cottingham/the-bus-will-splash-you

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi WadeC,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Hmm, this is odd. I have reached out to our engineers to take a closer look. Hoping to hear back from them soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Best
Mathis
Hi WadeC,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Hmm, this is odd. I have reached out to our engineers to take a closer look. Hoping to hear back from them soon.

Best
Mathis

new tracks posted can be deleted same day or next day no problem. older tracks than have been posted for a few months will NOT delete. Even though it SAYS "Your track will be deleted shortly". Here is one I've tried to delete about ten times in the last two or three weeks. https://soundcloud.com/wade-cottingham/ashley-the-healer
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi WadeC,

Best
Mathis

Hi WadeC,

Thanks for following up. It looks like yours is an edge case - it only affects you, and only few other users in specific scenarios. The engineers have given me the heads up that the track "https://soundcloud.com/wade-cottingham/the-bus-will-splash-you" has now been properly deleted.

They are also looking into the details of the bug, to see if this can be fixed moving forward.

If you have further tracks that you still cannot seem to delete, please list them here and I will reach out to the engineers to get these deleted manually for a quick fix for you.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi WadeC,

Best
Mathis

Hello Soundcloud!

Please help with deletions.

I have an unused playlist with no tracks. Its title is: For Our Next Number We Will Burst Into Flames.

I have deleted the playlist five or six times. I get a message, “Your playlist will be deleted shortly.”...A few hours later, or the next day, it is still there. Won’t delete from my end.

Will you please delete this playlist?

Thank you,

Wade Cottingham
Hi WadeC,

Best
Mathis

Also, please help with these orphan tracks that I’m unable to delete.

These three tracks, I am not allowed to delete.

Taylor Taylor Drum Loop for Practice

TMQ for AD

Mr Bojangles

Perhaps my non-access to the trash icon is punishment for ever posting copyrighted material?

Anyway these three tracks are just sitting there wasting space and looking bad on my track list. I promise to not upload copyrighted material. One of these three was NOT a copyrighted song at all just a drump loop. (Taylor Taylor).

They won’t delete from my end...Can you please delete these three tracks?

Thank you,

Wade Cottingham
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi WadeC,

Best
Mathis

Hi Wade,

I don't see the playlist you're referring to any longer. (There's just "4 songs from 'For Our Next Number We're Going To Burst Into Flames' ").

As for the blocked tracks - if you believe our content ID system blocked a track in error, you can file a dispute. This way, our copyright team will look into it.

Please note that once a track has been blocked for copyright infringement it isn't possible to delete them from your account and they will remain on your track manager page. These tracks will not count towards your account quota. They won't be playable or publicly available on your profile, and you'll only be able to see them if you're logged into your account. The tracks will be listed on your track manager page to let you know the status of the tracks on your account and to alert you to any tracks that might need attention in case you would like to dispute the takedowns.

If you would like to file a dispute, you can do so here: http://copyright.soundcloud.com

I hope this helps.

Best,
Mathis

P.S.: If you're confirming a track or playlist deletion, then refresh and the track / playlist is still there, please leave this untouched and don't try to delete again - it usually just indicates there's a backlog on our deletion queue. After some time, the track / playlist should vanish automatically.
Hello I have the same problem on my profile. I want to delete all the tracks on my profile as I have a whole new batch to update. I've tried deleting my tracks several times and get the same message 'your track will be deleted shortly'. But when I log back on the tracks are back again!
Can you get the engineers to delete all the tracks on my profile please?
Thank you
I'm having the same issue as everyone in this thread, tracks won't delete when I want them to
Same problem here, instead of telling people it's an 'edge' problem, and solving it case by case, please just fix this issue.
I have the same problem since yesterday..
I'm having the same problem
Same here. I have a track on private but it won't delete. I keep receiving the message " Your Track Will Be Deleted Shortly." Help please, this has been going on for almost a week now. I've emailed Soundcloud support and they said it was just an outage and everything should be fine but it wasn't.
https://soundcloud.com/frickinshmose/falling-into-place I want this track deleted only. please.
How do you expect us to use your damn service properly when this hasn't been fixed for THREE YEARS! Why can't we delete tracks. I don't understand how this very simple feature is not working,