Solved

Android Auto

Userlevel 2
Please tell us any information you have about the development towards an android auto app.
icon

Best answer by SmaXa 7 July 2018, 17:30

All the ad's harrasing me to subscribe to soundcloud GO.

Why would i bother when they don't even offer android auto support. 90% of my listening is done while driving. At the moment im doing it with crappy Bluetooth quality, and I'm not paying for that.

If you guys want to remain competitive Android Auto support is a MUST.

I'll happily subscribe to Soundcloud GO as soon as i can use soundcloud with Android Auto.

View original

8 replies

All the ad's harrasing me to subscribe to soundcloud GO.

Why would i bother when they don't even offer android auto support. 90% of my listening is done while driving. At the moment im doing it with crappy Bluetooth quality, and I'm not paying for that.

If you guys want to remain competitive Android Auto support is a MUST.

I'll happily subscribe to Soundcloud GO as soon as i can use soundcloud with Android Auto.
Maybe SoundCloud dev's could get in touch with this guy...

http://www.jeffreyhumble.com/soundcloud-for-android-auto/

He seems to have worked out the interface and other apps like cloudplayer are connecting just fine. This should be a part of the development lifecycle at Soundcloud. I'm missing out on lots of great music and I am not able to really leverage my subscription such that I can listen in my car in a way that doesn't interfere with navigation, voice commands etc.

Please put this on the raodmap AND let your subscribers know your plans. It's a great way to keep us connected to the soundcloud community.
Userlevel 1
We have year 2018. Android Auto few years ago and soundcloud is still sleeping. That isn't the way how we germans should do our work!!!
Userlevel 1
Why is this marked as solved? We want android auto support!
No android auto will lead you to dead 😞
What's the holdup?

Why is this not a thing yet? If Android Auto support was added to the roadmap as soon as it was announced and implemented when it was available (*cough* like your competitors *cough*), SoundCloud's usage and userbase would balloon. My Spotify usage has increased 3x and my SoundCloud usage has decreased 3x SOLELY because of Android Auto support or the lack thereof.

Seriously, what is the holdup? This can't take more than a few sprints to implement. Even if it takes double, triple, ten times that, it's worth the development time.
I'm also waiting to use SOUNCLOUD on Android Auto
I'm also waiting for Android Auto support, since I do a lot (most) of my music listening in the car, which is also when I do most of my gps navigation. While I currently still manage by switching between SoundCloud and Maps, I'm finding the convenience—and, not to mention, safett—of using Maps + Google Play Music while driving to be gradually replacing my SoundCloud usage.

This is a shame, because I will discontinue my Go+ subscription if I stop using it frequently enough despite preferring SoundCloud to Play Music. However, this could absolutely change if the SoundCloud app had Android Auto support.