Answered

Can we get a filter / hide repost function?

• 18 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Hey, I've been using Soundcloud for several years now and have long preferred it to other music streaming services, but now it's just annoying. One is no longer able to enjoy music from the artists that one follows, at least not without great effort.

Hey, I've been using Soundcloud for several years now and have long preferred it to other music streaming services, but now it's just annoying. One is no longer able to enjoy music from the artists that one follows, at least not without great effort.

Do not get me wrong, I do not think reposts are bad. They are a great way to find new music or artists, but they bring a huge mess to the stream and you are no longer able to filter it.

I've already unfollow many artists due to too many repost, but that's not really a solution, since I actually like the music of the artist. Also, I would have to unfollow almost every artist to have a clean stream, but that would make soundcloud useless.

So can we get a feature that allows us to filter the stream, or move the reposts to a separate page, or integrate it into the Discovery page, or something like that?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 26 September 2018, 15:08

Hey there to the both of you. Unfortunately, this is currently not something that SoundCloud provides, but I'll be sure to pass on your feedback. In the meantime, there might be 3rd party options to achieve what you have in mind 😉
View original

5 replies

I'd like to echo and amplify the above request. The 'stream' was the best way to notify the rest of the community of new work freshly posted, but now it's a nightmare! I know I don't use it very much anymore, and given the lack of response to new tracks posted, I suspect other people have largely abandoned it as well. If you could implement an optional filter which would block reposts I'm sure it would revitalize the stream function entirely.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there to the both of you. Unfortunately, this is currently not something that SoundCloud provides, but I'll be sure to pass on your feedback. In the meantime, there might be 3rd party options to achieve what you have in mind 😉
Soundcloud please give us this feature, at least as part of a paid account... my stream is flooded with established crap instead of original content
Userlevel 1
Please add this, or really prevent repost spamming with more limitations
+1
I understand that repost functionality is important to Soundcloud, I must admit it's quite nice, but it's often too much reposts for 1 post.

Is it possible to allow to set a number of post per repost ?
Something like a slider at the top of the stream : < 2 . 4 . 8 . All >

Or a number of repost per given day ? < 2 . 4 . 8 . All >

The selected repost would be random, a page reload would change them.

There is also the idea to lower the number of repost seen from a user in particular, but it's probably harder to implement.