Question

Could it be possible to make the profile picture and album covers a gif?

I would like to extend the ways of expression by adding gifs to soundcloud pages

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Gifs are currently not supported on SoundCloud.com, sorry.
Hi there,

Gifs are currently not supported on SoundCloud.com, sorry.

Hello, What would it be possible to have Gifs be supported? I was thinking by tomorrow? Do you take 'reply likes' as currency?
Userlevel 1
This is be such a game changer. Please add this feature or consider adding it.
That would be so dope
bump boyzzzzz
Userlevel 4
Please SoundCloud DO NOT allows animated gifs to be used here. Never.

The only possible benefit is that, since only children would think it looks good you could tell who the underage users are and kick them off.

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003565028-Reporting-a-minor-on-the-platform

The only possible benefit is that, since only children would think it looks good you could tell who the underage users are and kick them off.

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003565028-Reporting-a-minor-on-the-platform

Honestly? What a narrow opinion... Do you really believe that anyone suffers from having option to enable GIF's if they so-desire?

Many who use Soundcloud (which I might add is a great platform for indie production)also work with visuals. Those of us paying for Soundcloud Premium would love the option to animate our Album Art.
Userlevel 3

Honestly? What a narrow opinion... Do you really believe that anyone suffers from having option to enable GIF's if they so-desire?

Many who use Soundcloud (which I might add is a great platform for indie production)also work with visuals. Those of us paying for Soundcloud Premium would love the option to animate our Album Art.

Hey you've got nice early 80s style computer graphics. Are you doing these with an old school computer or is it some Photoshop filter to give the effect?

Hey you've got nice early 80s style computer graphics. Are you doing these with an old school computer or is it some Photoshop filter to give the effect?

Yes, I use Photoshop for layering, blending, and brushes. Favorite thing is to clone simply layers, and adjust them/ layer effect etc. By erasing parts and/or using content-aware fills, you can coerce "randomness" into a semblance of surrealism:

Also I use 3DS Max (anything works) and apply height-maps to low-resolution planes, but the trick is: rendering such primitive objects with minimalist, high quality reflections, refractions, etc.
I forgot to add, the above example is actually a simple abstraction of 15 frames of panning footage added on top with a lighter-color effect... This looks like buildings, which I seperate via tone using quick selection, adding color splat layerts.

Then after I create the bottom picture, I uploaded it to a Deep Dream generator and end up with middle picture, which is molded to look more natural (hopefully) into the top photo.