features that should have been added a long time ago

• 16 May 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
so i havent read any of the threads here (and i also dont know if this is the right sub) so i dont know if these have already been suggested but here are two features that should have been added since the launch of soundcloud:

1. a way to filter out all reposts on your stream and only see newly posted tracks
2. a way to turn off reposts for a user

i follow about 700 users (collectives/producers) and at this point i get a repost every minute or so... its gotten so bad that now i skip to the middle of the track and listen to one or two seconds to see if i like it. if i dont go that fast ill never be able to get through my feed. if i could at least remove reposts from some users where i like their uploads but not their reposts, i could clear up my stream a bit.

theres no possible way that im the only one with this problem

3 replies

I came here to suggest basically the same thing.

There are a lot of artists that I feel post very good tracks, but the stuff they repost from other artists is just garbage. I hate the thought of missing something new they create, but I also hate it when awful tracks pop up in my feed.

It's to the point now where I pretty much never even listen to my stream any more. I'll find a track I like, and listen to related tracks until it starts sounding bad, then I'll switch to a different track and listen to related tracks there. Or, I'll just listen to my favorites on repeat.

But as it stands, the main stream is basically useless, and it's a very easy problem to solve (logically speaking, anyway. The technicalities could be something else entirely).

[edit]

Having the ability to hide individual tracks from your news feed would also be useful
This desperately needs to be implemented.

I follow over 1000 people. I rarely see anything other then reposts.

I dont listen to my stream at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Just came across this post thanks to chris, who recently posted a reply. Thanks @chris :)

The feature has been suggested before, I've now moved this topic into the Ideas for SoundCloud subforum, which was created after this topic first got created.

Unfortunately, I don't have any further info around this, if, when, how this is being addressed by the relevant product team, but I have forwarded the feedback. In the meantime, this 3rd party developed extension might be of interest for you. 😉

Cheers
Mathis