features that should have been added a long time ago

• 16 May 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
so i havent read any of the threads here (and i also dont know if this is the right sub) so i dont know if these have already been suggested but here are two features that should have been added since the launch of soundcloud:

1. a way to filter out all reposts on your stream and only see newly posted tracks
2. a way to turn off reposts for a user

i follow about 700 users (collectives/producers) and at this point i get a repost every minute or so... its gotten so bad that now i skip to the middle of the track and listen to one or two seconds to see if i like it. if i dont go that fast ill never be able to get through my feed. if i could at least remove reposts from some users where i like their uploads but not their reposts, i could clear up my stream a bit.

theres no possible way that im the only one with this problem

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Oh look SoundColud! Someone has been suggesting we should be able to filter out reposts or have some way to easily see only the tracks the people we follow have uploaded. This particular suggestion was originally posted at least 2 years ago, and the last reply (before my reply here) was 1 year ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Just came across this post thanks to chris, who recently posted a reply. Thanks @chris :)

The feature has been suggested before, I've now moved this topic into the Ideas for SoundCloud subforum, which was created after this topic first got created.

Unfortunately, I don't have any further info around this, if, when, how this is being addressed by the relevant product team, but I have forwarded the feedback. In the meantime, this 3rd party developed extension might be of interest for you. 😉

Cheers
Mathis
This desperately needs to be implemented.

I follow over 1000 people. I rarely see anything other then reposts.

I dont listen to my stream at all.
I came here to suggest basically the same thing.

There are a lot of artists that I feel post very good tracks, but the stuff they repost from other artists is just garbage. I hate the thought of missing something new they create, but I also hate it when awful tracks pop up in my feed.

It's to the point now where I pretty much never even listen to my stream any more. I'll find a track I like, and listen to related tracks until it starts sounding bad, then I'll switch to a different track and listen to related tracks there. Or, I'll just listen to my favorites on repeat.

But as it stands, the main stream is basically useless, and it's a very easy problem to solve (logically speaking, anyway. The technicalities could be something else entirely).

[edit]

Having the ability to hide individual tracks from your news feed would also be useful