Answered

Google assistant integration

• 20 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,
Back in May there was a post that the integration between Soundcloud and Google Assistant was comming soon.
Is there an update on the timeframe?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 19 July 2019, 12:38

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the confusion around this. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I currently do not have any info about this being released in the near future. I can understand your frustration here and have reached out to our product team to provide the feedback. 😕
View original

4 replies

Doesnt't seem highest priority with the post being already one and a half years old 😃
I feel a bit betrayed by this, since it was one of the reasons i bought a google home.
Why has support never arrived? Spotify does not have the songs i want... Nor does deezer.
It does not seem to me that it would take multiple years to implement this.
An official reply would be nice, even if it was just an apology and explanation why they wont do it.
If you google this, the only thing you can find is that its coming... in 2017...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Sorry about the confusion around this. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I currently do not have any info about this being released in the near future. I can understand your frustration here and have reached out to our product team to provide the feedback. 😕
Yes, I think SoundCloud has better algorithm for finding music suitable for me.
Yes I find SoundCloud application more usable than others.
Yes I'm paying for Spotify premium and not SoundCloud Go to play music on my smart speaker.

I have couple of friends who are doing the same thing for the same reasons. It isn't strange that integration thing is not high on your priority list, the strange thing is it isn't there already.