Google Home x SoundCloud ideas!

• 10 December 2017
  • 7 replies

Hello, this post is going to be ideas/recommendations that you think would make SoundCloud work better when it comes to Google Home (note: I am not a representative from Google or SoundCloud, I just want opinions on what you guys think could make SoundCloud work better on Google Home when it gets added!). I have some ideas myself but I’ll put them somewhere else!

7 replies

Alright, so my idea I mentioned, instead of having to cast your audio from your mobile device you could just simply say, “Hey Google, play ______________ on SoundCloud” or “Hey Google, play my liked tracks on SoundCloud” or “Hey Google, shuffle my liked tracks on SoundCloud”, “Hey Google, shuffle my _________ playlist on SoundCloud”, “Hey Google, play my (playlist name here) playlist”, or lastly “Hey Google, repeat this track” but those are just suggestions, feel free to leave them on this post or just reply to the first one before this! Have a nice day
Userlevel 1
It's clear SoundCloud doesn't care, they made a blog post almost a year ago about Google Home integration ... but yet ... nothing has happened 😞

https://blog.soundcloud.com/2017/05/17/soundcloud-coming-google-home-soon/
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
HI there,

Thanks for your input. I've forwarded the topic to the relevant product team. @myles - we take our user feedback very seriously, however cannot always promise if, how and when a feature is going to be available. I'll ping them about the blog post as well. :)

Cheers
Mathis
Soundcloud will win the golden raspberry for Google Home Integration.
This is just ridiculous epic Fail till now :(
Go back to sleep Soundcloud! The world goes on turning without you.
Any timeline on Google home integration?
We'd like to have the feature very much!
But please don't require a pay subscription...
Thanks for your efforts!!
Dani
Seriously... Its been so long now. Can someone post what they @Mathis, can you tell us what they said? Cause apparently theyre either having issues integrating and then leaving everyone in the dark. But then atleast update the blog post or something. No updates is bad updates. this is the only reason i do not have premium. Since its just not worth it if i cant play anything at home without doing everything manually. Spotify and Deezer work just fine. I cant go around touching my phone while driving just to like or skip a song. I dont want to be in a car crash.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Seriously... Its been so long now. Can someone post what they @Mathis, can you tell us what they said? Cause apparently theyre either having issues integrating and then leaving everyone in the dark. But then atleast update the blog post or something. No updates is bad updates. this is the only reason i do not have premium. Since its just not worth it if i cant play anything at home without doing everything manually. Spotify and Deezer work just fine. I cant go around touching my phone while driving just to like or skip a song. I dont want to be in a car crash.

Hey there,

I understand where you're coming from @Subcode . I've responded to you on this topic already. Sorry I cannot be of more help. I've reached out to the team who runs the blog, as well as to the product team to let them know about your feedback.

@Carrie Hall if you have any further insight from the Product side of things, please let us know.

Other than that, if we do end up releasing this integration, rest assured I'll announce this on the Community.