Question

Hide reposts from stream

• 7 December 2017
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2
It would be great to add an option to hide all reposts from the soundcloud stream.
Often People repost other music i definitely do not want to hear.
And I can't keep up with all the music i want to hear because of all this reposts in between.
I use your Win10 App and Firefox so I can't use a workaround e.g. this chrome extension.
This feature would made Soundcloud so much better 🙂.

13 replies

get the chrome extension SoundShroud, but you are absolutely right.
Userlevel 2
Yeh I've found reposting to be a big issue ever since it first appeared. It has turned Soundcloud into a spammy social media platform now which I think is a terrible disservice to the artists. The stuff we make takes far too much time and effort to have it buried with mindless reposts.

I keep having to unfollow people I really like because as much as I want to keep up with their music, following them and having my stream spammed out with their reposts means I can't keep up with anyone else's music. I don't want to miss anything so I can't have this. Shame.

A feature I suggest is that we can turn off reposts for certain people. So that way we can just choose to turn off reposts from the people who spam us with them. It would also be nice to be able to shift reposts to a separate tab. I don't think reposts are a bad feature, they just get abused.
Userlevel 1
Yes, yes, yes!
This really is the most annoying thing about Soundcloud and the one which makes me use it less and less.
I simply cannot find the new music from those people I like to follow amongst the deluge of reposts which have no value or meaning to me whatsoever
Also makes me think any new tracks I post are likely to get lost in the quagmire of repost spam which prevents others seeing my music too
Mind you I seem to recall this being raised numerous times over the last few years and yet nothing appears to have been done to add this option so far 😞
Userlevel 1
Yeah this feature would be amazing, i love the extension, but good luck installing that on the soundcloud app, which is what i us 99% of the time..
Userlevel 2
You killed the platform with the repost feature. I used to love Soundcloud but had to switch to Spotify because of this.

Please fix this so we can still follow artists we love without being spammed. Seeing reposts should be an option, you're burying many talented yet undiscovered artists, the ones the platform was supposed to help getting heard.
Userlevel 1
You killed the platform with the repost feature. I used to love Soundcloud but had to switch to Spotify because of this.

Please fix this so we can still follow artists we love without being spammed. Seeing reposts should be an option, you're burying many talented yet undiscovered artists, the ones the platform was supposed to help getting heard.You killed the platform with the repost feature. I used to love Soundcloud but had to switch to Spotify because of this.

Please fix this so we can still follow artists we love without being spammed. Seeing reposts should be an option, you're burying many talented yet undiscovered artists, the ones the platform was supposed to help getting heard.
Userlevel 1
I can’t believe people have been complaining about this since 2014 and they still have yet to fix anything. No wonder we switched to Spotify smh
Userlevel 2
Come on Soundcloud. People have been asking for this for 5+ years now, still nothing. This is ridiculous. Do you guys want to lose all your users to Spotify? Cause this is how you'll do it. Cheers.
Userlevel 2
Yes please! I find the feed polluted with a large number of reposts. I come to soundcloud for new tunes from other producers. The repost thing allows for too much abuse. Please allow us the ability to manage this! Or a repost section or something!
i remember myself checking stream everyday for years
BEFORE YOU PUT REPOSTS INTO IT

it is the worst feature ever when it can't be turned off
i dont understand why its not obvious to devs, testers and whoelse came up with an idea of this feature to implement

and now IMAGINE how uncomfortable it is for newbie SC users
Userlevel 1

Oh look! More people complaining about reposts and asking for a way to filter or manage them in some way so that they can easily see just the newly uploaded tracks from the artists they follow. This was originally posted 1 year ago. This subject keeps coming up again and again on ‘Ideas for SoundCloud’. Unfortunately using browser plugins that strip reposts from the stream is not a solution because even if the if the plugins worked properly they would still strip out new uploads from artists we are following if those tracks were subsequently reposted by someone else we are follow (because then those tracks appear as reposts) - this is something that often happens.

It’s a shame Souncloud doesn’t give a shit about its users.

The stream is now a spam, it’s getting very hard to find new music.

I think I’ll switch to Spotify

Userlevel 1

Have to say it looks like Soundcloud don’t give a shit about their users but maybe that isn’t so - I hope it isn’t so. I’m not going to give up yet. There’s still a lot that’s good about the idea of Soundcloud. They’re trying to make it a platform for creators and it looks like that’s starting to work for them but it also needs to be a good platform for listeners. I think they’re probably underestimating the use to creators of the social side of the platform and keeping up to date with what your creator peeps (potential future collaborators) are doing.