Just some ideas for the future of lovely Soundcloud

• 26 September 2018
  • 2 replies

It would be nice if we could filter our subscriptions to choose whether or not to see repost alone or uploads alone or likes alone. Because all the reposts people post cloud up my subscription page so that i cant even see what my artists are up to...

also, it would be nice if there were more options for searching for music, like search by date, popularity, genra, tag, region of world, language, withing the last month, within the last year, so on...otherwise it is too difficult to find new underground music because its clouded by all the UP AND COMING ARTISTS with all there flashy lights and paid promos....

ALSO hahah it would be cool if there was a function where, as a music uploader, you could choose to add your music to a preset genra list, or potentially create a new subgenra and if that genra has gained popularity it is added to the actual main genra list. So that music listeners can see what new genras are being created and immediately see the tracks that are being tagged with that genra name. so it is easier to find new music and trim down the results in a search for something new

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Gloraeanna,

Thanks for your suggestions. While hiding reposts is currently not an options, there might be 3rd party options to achieve this within your web browser.

After the initial search on web, on the left hand side of the results page, you will find a number of filters by which you can sort the results.

Lastly, you can choose the genre on the upload page - or choose a custom genre already.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1

Excellent. Someone has suggested we should be able to filter out reposts or have some way to easily see only the tracks the people we follow have uploaded. This particular suggestion was originally posted at least 1 year ago.