Question

Need to hide reposts from the stream

• 25 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
We need an option to hide people's reposts from the stream so that we only see their own songs that they've uploaded. It gets ridiculous when you're following a few hundred people and then some of them start reposting things all the time. It totally spams out your feed with stuff you don't want to hear and makes you miss the stuff you do want to hear - the stuff made by the people you follow!

Due to there being no way to hide reposts, I've had no choice but to unfollow some people who make really cool music and I'm gutted I'm missing out. But at the same time, following them means I'll miss other cool music so I can't do it with this reposting stuff going on.

I think music is far more time consuming and valuable than the usual stuff on social media sites, so a setup that favours a constantly spammed out stream is a bit of disservice to all the work we put in to the stuff we upload. You should be making sure people have every chance to hear the music from those they follow, not bury it in a sea of reposts.

I'm not asking for reposts to be gone, just the option to hide them from our stream for those of us who don't want them.

Can Soundcloud please give us the option?

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
And as another idea - it'd be good to be able to choose to hide reposts only from specific users as well as being able to hide them from all users. Some people are pretty reasonable with it so it's ok, but some are just so spammy and do it way too much. With those people, you only want to see what they upload, not what they repost. Thanks.
Userlevel 1

Oh look SoundColud! Someone else has been suggesting we should be able to filter out reposts or have some way to easily see only the tracks the people we follow have uploaded. This particular suggestion was originally posted at least 1 year ago.