Opus format sounds really badly

• 5 January 2018
  • 2 replies

https://streamable.com/e83cv

https://soundcloud.com/trancepodcasts/paul-van-dyk-vonyc-sessions-583

Please just remove this format and leave the old mp3 128kb/s
icon

Best answer by Oleg Artenii 5 January 2018, 14:59

Update: Now it sounds fine (the same audio, I posted the link in topic).

Can it be that just after the file was uploaded the sound quality is bad because the conversion to opus was fast, but after a few hours that audio is replaced with a better quality version? (Like on YouTube, the first minutes after uploading the video you see the low quality version then HD becomes available)
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

yes must agree, the format sounds shockingly bad, althougth I assume a lot has to do with the 64kps bit rate!?
I mean I have never even heard of an audio quality with lower bit rate before. .

It sounds terrible tho, yet it seems they have yet to announce the change and I am still paying for my older subscription!?
I am confused by this as a reduction in quality should entitle us to lower monthly fees I assumed!?

This is NOT what I am paying 2 monthly Pro Subscriptions for, in fact I was expecting an Improvement in quality seeing as it's 2018 and so many other platforms now offer 320 and full quality Wave streaming for much less money.
Such a shame what you guys are doing to this site!? I thought cooperate buy out would bring progress and bring the site up to a more professional level, seems the opposite is happening!?
Whoever you have hired in to manage the business side of things clearly doesn't understand audio AT ALL as this move will surely loose you guys a considerable amount of subscribers, I have gone and cancelled 1 of my Pros (the one on my personal account) will be cancelling the other once I find another site to house my labels content, I would rather pay twice as much for 320 kps a month then pay the same for half the quality,
Update: Now it sounds fine (the same audio, I posted the link in topic).

Can it be that just after the file was uploaded the sound quality is bad because the conversion to opus was fast, but after a few hours that audio is replaced with a better quality version? (Like on YouTube, the first minutes after uploading the video you see the low quality version then HD becomes available)