Please improve your search facility and make finding music easier

• 26 February 2019
  • 0 replies

I want to be able to search by genre, popularity, date uploaded, and by tags all in one easy horizontal bar with drop down menus. It could sit nice and conveniently at the top of the screen.

So, for example, I could search for the most popular trance tracks uploaded in the last day/week/month/3 months/6 months/1 year, with the results showing the most played track at the top.

Instead, I have to scroll right to the bottom of your 'Discover' page, past 'Chill' and 'Relax' categories (aren't they the same thing?) to find the 'Charts new & hot' and 'Charts top 50' categories. I then have to click the arrow on the scroll bar 6 times until trance shows up. Other genres like synthwave aren't even listed.

If I want to search for the most recent trance tracks uploaded I have to type 'trance' into the search box, click 'Tracks', click '#trance' in 'Filter by tag', click 'Added any time', and click 'Past hour' or 'Past day', and even then the results aren't displayed in chronological order. All in all., it's a mess.

Please consider this simple improvement to your search function and music discovery facility. After all, SoundCloud is supposed to be about discovering new music - please make it easier to do so.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!