Soundviral...

• 3 August 2018
  • 7 replies

This has to be the most annoying thing behind ramen records or whatever that BS is. I had to start a new Soundcloud account just because the bots got so bad ALL my likes were from them.

I can't escape bots, they always manage to get to me, and i have one follower, how does that work?

Anyway to help this? Maybe the Soundcloud bois make a filter that bans every account with the soundviral profile picture or something? I don't know anything about that stuff, all I know is that these damn bots are on my nerves.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Sorry to hear you've been swamped with spam bots. I'll forward to Trust & Safety accordingly.
You can think that bots like your music and your expressions with the net. I'm in love with my bots that never listen. 🙂
Gotten one of these on my last two tracks as well, and I've gotten them earlier from time to time. Not getting swamped by them, but it's annoying having to unwillingly promote these annoying users through my likes. I'd rather not have any of them taint my tracks ever. You should really fix this.
Hey there,

Sorry to hear you've been swamped with spam bots. I'll forward to Trust & Safety accordingly.

swamped

Still not fixed yet? Are SOUNDCLOUD even bothered?
As soon as I post a track I get these annoying likes (which of course are meaningless) I actually wait a couple of minutes knowing it WILL happen so I can report and block. Of course they just create new accounts everyday (or more).

There must be sign-up and like filters (to check their account 'fingerprint') you can put on, like read the profile image they upload, no user name (just a number) no tracks, same IPs or similar email accounts... Use Google Capchas... get ya finger out SOUNDCLOUD ... you are letting bots and spammers in and that is NEVER good for business.

or maybe (conspiracy) SOUNDCLOUD are the SPAM BOTS !?!?!?!?!?!
In case this helps, this is one of the accounts.
https://soundcloud.com/raypecogswell
Got the same problem.
Really disappointing. I think Im gonna delete my account and get out of soundcloud.
I have high % of spammers.