The repost feature is bad and renders the Stream unusable.

• 8 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Unhidable reposts are still bad. Soundcloud, what do you think you're doing?

I'm making a post to whine about this, because Soundcloud clearly doesn't care.

btw, there are browser extension to alleviate the issue. Pretty embarassing for the platform, though.

5 replies

Yes. Reposts have made my stream unusable too. This is ruining SC for me.

Also I think SC need to twig that browser plugins don't solve the problem because if someone I follow uploads a new track and then someone else I follow reposts that track (often happens) then the new track will appear in my stream as a repost and not as a new upload – so if reposts are automatically stripped from my stream (by a browser plugin) then I will not see that newly uploaded track.

Also I think SC need to twig that browser plugins don't solve the problem because if someone I follow uploads a new track and then someone else I follow reposts that track (often happens) then the new track will appear in my stream as a repost and not as a new upload – so if reposts are automatically stripped from my stream (by a browser plugin) then I will not see that newly uploaded track.

Damn, haven't noticed that!
Hi all,

Noted, and will send this to our product teams! However we do not have any official browser plugins so whatever isn't working "correctly" on a third party app/extension we can't help with. I hope you understand 😉

Noted, and will send this to our product teams!

lol
Thanks fluxtospace for your reply.

It can't be easy working for SC on these forums.

Looking back over the history it looks like this issue (reposts swamping uploads in the stream) seems to have come up quite a lot.

I'm wondering how long we should wait for some kind of response from the product team - or do you think there is a possibility that the product team might just not respond at all, and if they don't respond what do you advise us to do if we want to try to make some progress on this?