Question

audio lag spikes soundcloud app (a lot when screen is locked)

• 19 August 2015
  • 10 replies

Well. I am on my "new" samsung note 4 phone. And whenever i am playing music from the soundcloud app. The audio lags or freezes or have like a vinyl crack sound ever 5 secound (basicly clicking and skipping the audio). Mainly when screen is locked.

I am using android 5.0.1

Cleared cache / uninstalled app atleast 13 times now nothing helps.

Please fix this had the same problem on my samsung galaxy s3 6 months ago

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Juki,

Yikes, that must be frustrating. Here are a few more questions to isolate the issue further, and also a few things for you to try to see if you can solve this easily from your end:

a) Does the behavior occur on any type of internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, etc.)?
b) Is there a difference when you listen over headphones / speaker?

Also, even though you mentioned you've reinstalled the app a few times, please try the following steps:
1. Log out of the app
2. Force stop it by going to your Application Manager and clicking 'Force Stop'.
3. Under this menu also click 'Clear Cache'.
4. Restart your device
5. Open the app and log in again

*If none of these steps help to sort out the issue, please try deleting the app and re-installing it again from the Google Play store.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers
Mathis
Same behavior both with no connection/3g/4g/wifi
also done all those things you told me to do did not
work

Just joined beta program if that helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
work

Hi there Juku,

Thanks for your follow up. Did the beta do the trick for you?
work

Yeah but once in a while the problem comes out of nowhere
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
work

hi Juku,

Thanks for the update. When this happens again, can you submit a crash-report via the app please? This way it'll go through to our Android engineers straight away.
work

Will do
Hello, I have exactly the same problem. Using a Samsung Galaxy S5, whenever I use soundcloud app, it will skip/glitch slightly every 20 seconds or so if my screen is locked. If my screen is unlocked it does not happen. I have tried reinstalling the app but this has not fixed the problem. Can anyone help me with this?
I have this issue, even on PC/Laptop.

Should I clear my browser's cache?
I have the same problem just now after i started using a new phone (huawei nova). There is constant crackling if i lock the screen,
even tho with my old samsung phone everything worked just fine.
I've got the same issue. But I'm lucky to say it's on my old phone (a Droid Maxx) that I mainly use for music. I did find something interesting. In the process stats, all apps run at 100 percent except Google photos and SoundCloud which run at 2 percent and 4 percent respectively. Anyway, the glitching and skipping only started after I up dated SoundCloud. This stuff doesn't happen on my new phone, which is a Moto Z. I'm thinking it has something to do with RAM abilities or processing the newer code. Something along those lines maybe. Anyway, hope this info could help. 😳