Answered

Can't hear bass from mobile app!

When I first downloaded SoundCloud I didn't have any problems until one day I listened to a song and I could tell it was off based on the lack of bass it originally had! I assumed it was my headphones but I tested my headphones out on my iPad using the SoundCloud app and there wasn't any problems. Specifically, it's my LG phone I cannot hear the bass out of any song I play now! I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and checked for the most recent update and this still happens! Playing it anywhere else works and sounds fine. It's my LG that experiences this. This has been going on for at least over a month now.

Because of this I don't even go on SoundCloud on my mobile app anymore. If any moderators can take a look at this it would be great.
icon

Best answer by Djfe 19 March 2017, 02:02

does this also happen, if you access the SoundCloud website on your lg or use a different app to play the song?

If so, then the issue is your phone.
It might help to do a factory reset (will delete all your data though 😕 so you should make backup beforehand)

if even that doesn't help, then you should contact the support of LG and make use of your guarantee, if the device is still under it
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1
does this also happen, if you access the SoundCloud website on your lg or use a different app to play the song?

If so, then the issue is your phone.
It might help to do a factory reset (will delete all your data though 😕 so you should make backup beforehand)

if even that doesn't help, then you should contact the support of LG and make use of your guarantee, if the device is still under it
I tested it by listening to a song on the website itself and it's the same thing. The song plays but with no bass. I solely use the SoundCloud app on my LG to listen to songs and it still doesn't work.
Userlevel 1
then it's likely that not SoundCloud is the issue but your phone.
(the browser shows the same issue therefore the issue is not on the app level, but on OS or hardware layer

Pls test YouTube or any other audio app if it also has no bass, in-case you don't believe me
Having the same problem here with my LG G5. Bass is completely cut out on the mobile app for me. Other apps such as Spotify still work fine for now. Might have been a compatibility issue with the most recent system update? At least for me, SoundCloud is the only player that this happens to.
Userlevel 1
So accessing soundcloud via browser works?
Another LG G5 (running 7.0 Nougat) user here. I can corroborate that, on both the soundcloud app AND through browser, the bass is completely cut out. This started happening for me last weekend (first week of May, 2017) when i updated to VS98728B. This is not the case with youtube (browser/app), LG/Google music apps, spotify apps, etc. Seems limited only to soundcloud for some reason. I reset settings and reinstalled soundcloud to no avail. My guess is there is some incompatibility between soundcloud coding and maybe the most recent Verizon LG update? Hope there is a fix soon. I suppose I will have to wait for the next Verizon LG update.
Userlevel 1
Very weird, that your browser doesn't behave determinstically in this case.
But YouTube uses aac encoding and SoundCloud uses MP3.
That might be the reason.
Some mp3 file with bass, I found on the internet:
http://1bit-wonder.com/026/1bit026_-_02_-_Glander_-_Hmbrg.mp3
Does this have bass in your phone's browser?

(You're using headphones, right?)
Hey Djfe -
I appreciate the quick response and apologize for not replying sooner. To answer your last question, all of my observations have taken place while using headphones only.

I opened your mp3 link using the browser and no bass.

Also worth noting a correction to my first post (which may completely change your diagnosis) but upon trying youtube in browser again, i learned there is actually no bass. Only youtube app has bass (FYI i tested same video through browser and app)

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help.
Userlevel 1
You should forward your issue description to the LG support, this is nothing the devs behind soundcloud will be able to fix, your device's software is the issue.
Maybe their next update will be able to fix it then or you if you don't want to wait: then switch to custom roms, they probably won't have the issue described here 😉
I also have the same issue. I have an LG G5 and SoundCloud is the only app that does not have any bass. I can listen to my loaded music fine with bass but no bass with the SoundCloud app. This is NOT an issue with the phone but with the app as this all started with an update a couple of months ago. Please provide SOME type of troubleshooting instead of blaming a phone. I am also running Nougat version of Android.
Userlevel 1
I'm just a user like you.

Have you tested the method I described above?
Does using SoundCloud in your browser work fine for you?

Saying only SoundCloud is affected but only testing the stock music app/YouTube doesn't help because those are only two more apps and these two specifically don't seem to be affected.
Userlevel 1
or which one is the "loaded" music app? (is it one from the store?)