Answered

Can't see messages in iPhone app

• 16 April 2016
  • 16 replies

Is there any way to see messages in the iPhone app?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 18 April 2016, 14:10

Hi there,

This is currently not possible. Please use a web browser to manage your messaging on SoundCloud. If you're a creator, you might want to take a look at our app SoundCloud Pulse - this will allow you to see and reply to comments on your track, and our team continues to work on more features in the future.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

This is currently not possible. Please use a web browser to manage your messaging on SoundCloud. If you're a creator, you might want to take a look at our app SoundCloud Pulse - this will allow you to see and reply to comments on your track, and our team continues to work on more features in the future.

Cheers
Mathis
I think making messaging possible on your app should be a priority. Some of us who enjoy using your app, don't have access to a computer all the time. All I have is my iPhone right now and your website isn't compatible with my phone. So I can't access my messages at all.
I saw a thread from two years ago where you had mentioned it wasn't a priority.... So, something ALL of your users want isn't a priority to you?
I agree! Please make it possible to message other users on your app for iPhones! It makes collaborating way easier since as the previous commenter mentioned, not all members of SoundCloud have a computer!
Userlevel 1
I think making messaging possible on your app should be a priority. Some of us who enjoy using your app, don't have access to a computer all the time. All I have is my iPhone right now and your website isn't compatible with my phone. So I can't access my messages at all.
I saw a thread from two years ago where you had mentioned it wasn't a priority.... So, something ALL of your users want isn't a priority to you?

Amen smh this is almost a no brainer feature I don't understand...
The only way I was able to use messages on the iPhone was to go to Soundcloud on safari and request for the desktop version of the site by holding down the refresh button. You’ll just have to type in “SoundCloud messages” in safari and click on the link. It’ll tell you to use your desktop to view them but just hold the refresh button and request for the desktop version and it should pull it up. You’ll have to sign in again and that’s it
Is there any way to see messages in the iPhone app?

Hi is there currently still no way to access messages via Soundcloud app on mobile. Other than uploading, I think majority of users are using mobile to manage their account

Would be very handy
Same problem here, still no solution?
dear soundcloud,

its 2018, please refocus and stop wasting time. your PULSE app is NOT in any way useful! MINIMALLY, you need to add mail/messanging to it (this should have been the whole basis of this app), as in its current prenatal form it should be called FLATLINE...
ANYthing youd like/need to do in it, it routes you to soundcloud site?! anyhow) lame!

cb
@Mathis This needs to be a priority. Things like this are the reasons why i dont want to upgrade....
This must be a joke.
Such huge company and can't make messaging on mobile possible. Wahahaahha this is ridiculous.
Does anyone know how to sign into Xbox one from the phone app
Guys, with so much respect to your product I really can't understand how on the earth you haven't managed to implement messaging feature on both iOS and Android?! It's not a big deal for such a company like SoundClound, isn't it? If you can't do it yourself, hire someone and outsource the development!
yo, this weekend on privite party i find myself on soundcloud in girls iphones app, today sent her a massage and you know, what?
SHE
WILL NOT
EVER
SEE IT

Becouse your apps dont have masseges.

THATS WHY!!

aaagggrrrrrhhhhh
i am also faced the same problem when i want to access the messages on my iPhone i am using this application very long time. whenever i faced the problem with my iPhone i directly consult with the iPhone Support expert team for the better solution.
Same problem i have faced when i want to see messages in my iphone. iCloud Support have experts, They fix these type of problem very fast and give better solution.

today i thought, „yeah.. why not upgrade again?“.

followed by the situation of me sitting in the train using my phone. i went on the soundcloud app to listen to a ambient set.

anyway. i remembered that i sent to an artist a message few hours ago. i wanted to book him. and time was crucial.

guess what:

i   c o u l d n‘ t fckng check.

whoever is responsible:

u have 1 job....

edit: did not upgrade