Question

Error when sharing from Garageband for iOS

• 18 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I usually publish tracks from GB for mac, but this week I tried posting to SC from GB for ios. I got an internal server error when logging in to SC with Facebook. I have previously successfully logged into SC with Facebook from browsers and GB for mac but I'm having trouble with the iOS GB app.

I'm on an iPhone 6S with iOS 12.2.

Steps taken in GB app:
  1. Select my track in the My Songs view and tap the share icon
  2. Tap "Song"
  3. Enter song details and tap "Share" in the top right
  4. Tap SoundCloud in the share menu
  5. SoundCloud prompts for login. I tap "Sign in with Facebook" and immediately get an error message: "500 Internal Server Error"
Has anyone successfully shared a song to SC from Garageband for ios? I also posted this question in the Apple forums. Not sure whose server is erroring... I suppose it could be SoundCloud or Facebook, or a problem with the ios app.

3 replies

Someone please address this. Same issue here. Tryna share two songs i've revised and i can't sign in to facebook because of internal error shit.
Same problem
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you at the moment. I have forwarded this to our engineers for further investigation. In the meantime, I suggest the following ways to work around this issue:

Option 1: Export the track to a computer and upload it via the web browser.
Option 2: Sign in with your email address and password. If this is not something you've ever done, please see here to learn how to create a password for your SoundCloud account so you can use either method.

Cheers
Mathis