Question

How can i see the description of a song on the mobile app?

44 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
unfortunately I don't think this is possible using the mobile app
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This is correct. Rest assured that our mobile team is working around the clock to improve the apps across all mobile operating systems further.

Best
Mathis
Any progression?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Pair-A-Dice,

It's possible on the Android app ("info"). The iOS version currently does still not have this feature, unfortunately.
The ability to view a track's description was something that was supported in a previous version of the iOS mobile app. After working 'around the clock' for over 7 months now, one would hope the mobile team would've been able to restore this crucial functionality by now.
Mathis,
This is an important enough feature that it should have been in from the start. Seems like nothing has changed in the mobile app in more than a year. This is not a complicated feature to add, please just do it. Thanks.
Description please I don't understand why this has not been done yet?
They've been busy pissing off the podcasters. It's logical that that leaves no times for piddly shit as displaying info on a track... /s
On top of offering sub-par audio quality, still no advance on track comments on iOS despite working "round the clock" for a year.

It's a shitty deal.

As an audio engineer my recommendations for bands go elsewhere.
Jezus, just fix this already... ridiculous that it takes so long
I agree, this seems like a very simple feature to add. Perhaps the recent layoffs were from the team dedicated to bringing iOS users this functionality?

Either way...this is a very strange option to have omitted.
Oh my god just fix it already
Please sort this out SoundCloud! I'm constantly finding music I want to purchase but am unable to look at any information in the description. WORK AROUND THE CLOCK IF YOU HAVE TO!
Please...fix it >
How can it be a “full experience” when you can’t read anything about the tracks except the title and artist?

Screen shot:

SOUNDCLOUD, this is a very critical aspect to artists in our attempt to support all those involved in making the music. It is flagrantly disrespectful for us to omit the team behind the music on the MAIN INTERFACE THAT LISTENERS USE (iPHONE). PLEASE address this as it is affecting those essential to the quality of your content. We cannot claim to have properly credited someone when the listener does not see a name at any point, and the app prevents them from being able to READ THE CREDITS.
[quote=Mathis]unfortunately I don't think this is possible using the mobile app
This is correct. Rest assured that our mobile team is working around the clock to improve the apps across all mobile operating systems further.

Please update us on this
There are no expected date for fix or even add this feature in a different way? Soundcloud is one of the most used platforms and are ignoring a basic request that is a commom understanding between the users.:?
This feature omission is hilariously stupid. And incredibly frustrating.
Userlevel 2
This topic should be marked as UNSOLVED but it's marked as solved. Clearly this is going ignored. I'm going to start a new topic on this to make sure it gets readdressed:
https://soundcloudcommunity.com/podcasting-230062/soundcloud-needs-to-address-critical-feature-of-adding-descriptions-to-tracks-on-mobile-app-7387615
This is still an issue and NOT at all solved. Please fix this.
I think SoundCloud has been dealing with some financial woes if I’m not mistaken, there was a recent switch over of management and investors to keep it afloat. I personally think they are probably dealing with bigger fish right now than song info on the mobile app. As they get settled in with more capital injection, I’d say just hang tight. They are probably more than aware this is a hotly desired aspect of the mobile app experience.

https://siliconangle.com/blog/2017/08/13/soundcloud-saved-bankruptcy-new-169-5m-investment/
Userlevel 2
I appreciate learning about Sound Clouds financial woes and how that can impact customer service, however this does not absolve them from their responsibilities towards apparent "minor" features that greatly impact the user end experience and as result, their business (which does not help with their internal money issues, mismanagement or whatever else they have going on). Please FIX THIS. It seem easy enough to do unless there is some inside-reasoning for suppressing this feature.

Best
Mathis

No they are not!!!! Your team doesn't do anything except for fix bugs!
Any progress?