Question

How long untill we are able to comment / view comments on the soundcloud app.

• 12 May 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
How long untill we are able to comment / view comments on the soundcloud app. I've gone through past posts and your reps have said the issue would be fixed OVER 2 YEARS AGO. still nothing has changed. When are we going to see an improvement?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Please download our SoundCloud Pulse App from the the App Store or the Google Play Store. This is designed for our creators in particular and allows you to view and reply to comments, among a few other core features our users have asked for in the past. This app will be further developed in the future, with more features coming up.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 5
Hi there,

Please download our SoundCloud Pulse App from the the App Store or the Google Play Store. This is designed for our creators in particular and allows you to view and reply to comments, among a few other core features our users have asked for in the past. This app will be further developed in the future, with more features coming up.

Cheers
Mathis

Asking users to download a different app is crazy, nobody is going to do this. What Soundcloud users want is what Soundcloud has been promising for 2 years, which is bringing back the ability for ANYONE listening to our creations to comment in the mobile app. I was told this would happen multiple times in support emails, and I see it was said in multiple posts on here from SC reps.

But now the tune has changed, and it seems SC latest bizarre move is asking people to download a different app if they want to comment on a track? NEVER gonna happen. It's about as nuts as removing the Facebook embedded player, and making people who actually bother to click through from FB shares have to login if they even want to listen to the track their friend shared. Again NEVER gonna happen.

Removing the ability for users to comment on other users' music, in an app that is ALL ABOUT sharing our music... makes absolutely no sense at all. It was one of the fundamental features of the app. Yes I know people can still comment on the web/desktop but who does that these days? Not many people.

Who is in charge over there? The decisions being made make no sense whatsoever for users and artists.
Userlevel 5
Asking