Question

I want to report an issue with the SoundCloud and Samsung S5 mini

Details:
1. Issue: usually, after 5 songs the stream become unstable, intermittent
2. more details:
- the issue appear after user listen 5 songs or more. Very rarely the issue appear even with the first song listen
- we tested with 4G connection, but EVEN with 3 Wi-Fi connections and the issue still present
- the issue remain after factory reset and then update SoundCloud
- restart device several times
3. Phone Model: the issue appear only with Samsung S5 mini, any other devices works fine
4. Samples tested: 2
5. Software versions:
- first sample, please see first sample.png, first sample 2.png
Android version: 4.4.2
AP: G800FXXU1ANL1
CP: G800FXXU1ANL1
CSC: G800FORO1ANK1

- second sample, please see second sample.png, second sample 2.png
Android version: 4.4.2
AP: G800FXXU1ANL1
CP: G800FXXU1ANL1
CSC: G800FORO1ANL2

Thank you!
Costa

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Constantin,

Thanks for that excellent bug report, you gave us all the device information we needed. Just one more question, what exactly do you mean by "unstable, intermittent"? Also, i'd like to invite you to our Android Beta tester group. This will make your device available to all of our first releases and hopefully minimise instability.

Here is the link: http://goo.gl/6EGwBK

Thanks,
Gina
Hello Gina, what i meant by unstable is that the music hears with interruption, with small pauses. Thanks
Hello Gina, what i meant by unstable is that the music hears with interruption, with small pauses. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for clarifying this. Have you been able to install the public beta? Did it work for you?

Cheers
Mathis
Hello Mathis. Can you please tell me the location (link) from where i can try the beta version.
Thank you.
Hello i just want to report that i have the exact same problem on my samsung s5 mini and i also have a friend with same problem on his mini. Ive had the problem since i bought the phone but lately it have gone so bad that its almost every song that i try to play that bugs out making it impossible to hear the song. Before i could fix the problem by starting another song and then go back to the song i wanted to hear but now the song stays unhearable. PS. Sorry for my bad english.
I have exact issue on my Samsung S4. It only started a week ago, around the time my friends here reported the issue. Simply frusrating.

Cheers
M
I have the same problems too, my songs keep freezing and gltching. I have the same cellphone and it's getting really frusrating.
Same problem here - with the s5 mini!
Hi, I am having the same problems (Samsung s5mini). It just started a few weeks ago.
Hey...i have rhe same problem...pls fix this bug
same here, i have the same problem with my 5s mini, can you post a way to reslove this caus eits very unfortunate.. if tried reinstalling soundcoud, cearing the cache.. but nothing helps
I also have exactly the same issue with the Samsung S5 mini, I was glad to find this thread especially as it marked as 'solved', however I can't see the solution, has this been fixed??
it works for me with new beta release thnx !!
''5-6-2015''
I don't know if it is the right place to post about this issue as it is marked as "solved" now, but the problem is still here on my Samsung S5, using SoundCloud app with the latest update (ver. 2015.11.20-release).
I had this issue since I received my S5 last August, everything was working fine with my older LG Nexus 5.

I'd be happy to provide more information, or open a new thread maybe. Feel free to let me know the best way to proceed.

Regards, Emmanuel.
Userlevel 5
still same problem,10 second buffers and time flashed for ten seconds,(solved haha lol) i reckon theres something snidey behind this,like ads and there getting money from it as seems to organised when it happens!
You can get proper solution to your each and every problem in Samsung S5 Manual. But there are full chance that a simple factory reset may also fix these all problems:
Press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button. The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.