Question

iOS app forgets track/position if it gets killed

• 9 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Several times now, I have started listening to a long podcast on my iPhone, paused the podcast to do something else, and then on coming back to Soundcloud after spending a decent amount of time using other apps, it resets to the home screen and loses my place within the podcast. This is extremely frustrating and I'm forced to work around this by taking screenshots when I pause a track and manually seeking back to the right place if my place is lost.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Tom,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We know this is currently happening and have forwarded your feedback to our engineers. They cannot provide further info on plans to look into this, but rest assured it's on their list now. 🙂
Mixcloud also syncs current track and position between devices. For listening to sets and podcasts this is a great feature. Leave the office listening to something, hop into the car and continue immediately on mobile. Soundcloud is a much better app overall but this one feature is something I really miss when using Soundcloud.
I'm forced to work around this by taking screenshots when I pause a track and manually seeking back to the right place if my place is lost. I've been doing this for about a year now and my camera roll is mainly these manual bookmarks. Looking forward to the day this gets addressed!
This is very frustrating and bothers me constantly. What's the point of a pause feature that only lasts 30 minutes?
Same here, but on the Android app. Is there any way to keep it from shutting the app down?