Question

iOS “Next Up” or queue feature

Userlevel 3
Why is it that there is the next up/queue feature on the android and pc version of the soundcloud app but not for apple users?

19 replies

I received this reply to the request I emailed to SoundCloud:

Thanks for getting in touch and for your suggestion.
Although we unfortunately can't assure you that it's going to be in our roadmap at the moment, we really value our users feedback and I'll be happy to pass it to the relevant team so it can be taken into account for future releases.
We appreciate that you are taking the time to help shape the future of SoundCloud.

I agree, the lack of this simple feature is crippling.

Given that SoundCloud have not acknowledged this request in this or other similar threads, may I suggest that anyone who wants this feature submits a request to SoundCloud by email via this link? https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I have just done so. This is what I wrote (the limit is 1,000 characters):

Feature Request:
In SoundCloud for IOS, please add the ability to Add To Next Up.

This feature has long existed in the web interface and, I understand, the Android app.  For me, the utility of the IOS app is greatly reduced without this feature.  I ought to be able to queue up a program of tracks to listen to.  As it stands, once my selected track has finished playing, SoundCloud takes a guess at what I might like to listen to next and starts playing that.

If this feature were to be introduced to the IOS app, I would be interested in a Go subscription.

The feature has been requested, though not acknowledged by SoundCloud staff, on various forum threads, with the comments mostly in this one:
https://community.soundcloud.com/ios-230063/ios-next-up-or-queue-feature-7412464

Alright I posted this a year ago and you got multiple people corroborating my feelings about the queue feature. Yet on my other ticket asking about the charts that was far less relevant than this one I was answered promptly. Honestly is there a reason this isn’t a feature? I can see no reasonable motivation for this. Is it impossible to do? No of course not its on Spotify (not to mention SoundCloud android and PC). You’d have to be an idiot to not realize the user experience is so much worse without this feature. You want to know why your company is struggling to generate revenue? You’d rather curate stupid playlists than attract users with a versatile user interface.

This is the biggest reason i don’t upgrade my plan. The fact that Soundcloud won’t even acknowledge this thread is extremely disappointing.

Userlevel 3

Alright I posted this a year ago and you got multiple people corroborating my feelings about the queue feature. Yet on my other ticket asking about the charts that was far less relevant than this one I was answered promptly. Honestly is there a reason this isn’t a feature? I can see no reasonable motivation for this. Is it impossible to do? No of course not its on Spotify (not to mention SoundCloud android and PC). You’d have to be an idiot to not realize the user experience is so much worse without this feature. You want to know why your company is struggling to generate revenue? You’d rather curate stupid playlists than attract users with a versatile user interface.

This feature is FUNDAMENTAL … I am 100% not going premium without a queue/warteschlange!!!!!!

C’MON SOUNDCLOUD, I KNOW crAPPLE IS HORRIBLE BUT I’M STUCK WITH IT AND I NEED TO QUEUE MY SYNTHS! lul seriously tho, I hate Apple but this doesn’t seem like a problem a huge app such as SoundCloud would have at all :thinking:

Whole damn year later and no ‘next up’ feature for apple devices, smh
soundcloud please listen. WE NEEEEEED A QUEUE OR UP NEXT FEATURE AVAILABLE TO USE IN OUR OWN PLAYLISTS! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
ios sucks, loving life on my OnePlus 7 with the next up feature 🤣
Still no queuing system on iOS.... And no ability to repeat a playlist either.
It’s a joke actually just made me cancel my subscription with them as I’ve just got an iPhone.
Dear Eye Die,
I am currently not aware of the features in Android or desktop version of SoundCloud.
However, if I am not wrong then for iOS the “Next Up” / “Queue” feature is available only in stations, for now.
Although, for finding out the upcoming songs or previously played songs, you can always swipe to and fro through the music layer.
Thank you,
Your’s sincerely,
Orion
Userlevel 1
Back again 7 months later and they still haven’t added a queuing system, it sucks because I love the diversity and uniqueness of music on soundcloud but they haven’t made any effort to make the app better for iOS users
Completely agree, the fact that the iOS app is missing this feature makes me use the app MUCH less. This feature is standard pretty much everywhere, and without it everything feels like a huge chore.

Not sure why iOS is so far behind since Android and Desktop both have this ability... if the functionality is already there, it wouldn't take devs long to port it for iOS. Pretty irritating that SoundCloud is ignoring such a massive market.
Missing THIS feature is garbage. It’s the only way I listen to my music. Back to Spotify I guess 🙃
Theres a post here from 2 years ago asking the same thing. I miss my samsung.
soundcloud lackin, every other streaming service has a queue up feature on ios devices its ridiculous they haven't implemented it yet, frankly i could see where people may be pushed to other platforms because of this 😕
Userlevel 1
why haven’t they answered this? That’s messed up and kind of unfair to iOS users
I’ve been wondering that for a while now. I would like to know when they’ll have that out on iOS devices