Question

Music Stops Playing

I only started encountering this problem recently, as I have been a SoundCloud user for almost a year, both on mobile and desktop. The problem is, when I either turn of my phone or close the app when music is playing, the music fades away very quickly, and ultimately, stops playing. When the app is re-opened or the lock-screen is shown, the display is still running, which includes the music-timer and pause-button, as if it were still playing. From the lock-screen, when I press the pause-button, the timer stops, and a play-button appears, which when pressed, starts the song over again, and I can turn my phone off without the music stopping. This does not apply when the phone is unlocked, however, as the music will stop playing either way; by closing the app or having the screen turning off. Thank you to the developers of this app for all of their hard-work, and good luck to the engineers with this bug!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Toby,

Have you tried removing the app, restarting your device, then downloading the app again from the App Store / Google Play Store?

Let the community know how it went 🙂
Okay, so, I don't know exactly what happened, but it started working just fine again. I honestly have no clue, except maybe that it was conflicting with iTunes. Sorry that I couldn't get a handle on exactly what I did to fix it, but I'll let you know if it ever happens again. So strange...
Had the same issue for the first time, thanks Mathis, it works now 😎
got that problem to and cant fix it and tried everything...
android 7.0 Blackview S8
i als have the same problem renaldo but im on a pc wit windows 10
I have been having this problem, I removed the app restarted the phone installed SoundCloud but still have problems, as soon as I love my screen music goes off
PLEASE HELP
Okay thank
Thing is, i’ve Encountered a similar glitch. Whenever I keep music playing then go to another tab, in 30 seconds or so, the music fades out and just stops, even though the song hasn’t finished playing. I am on IOS and I am reporting this bug.
I have the exact same problem as AndKnuckles. Whenever I put on some music, closes out of the app, and go onto a reading app, the music fades away. I'm on IOS 10.3.3. Does anyone know how to fix this?
same problem on a PC... I've shared my music and was wondering is it when someone else is playing it at the same time. Not sure, this is a new thing for me