Answered

Music unavailable in my country

• 11 September 2016
  • 6 replies

I dont think its fair that I pay all of this money for songs that were recorded and available in my country first & then disappear because Soundcloud said they are not available in my country. I have never heard of that with Apple Music or Spinrilla or even MYMixtapes. I thought you all were the best music app and if this problem continues I will discontinue my membership with you all & Im sure plenty others will do the same as well!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 22 September 2016, 10:04

Hi TayChico,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that you cannot listen to so many tracks any longer. Please note that it is up to the artist, or their labels or distribution to determine where they want to make their tracks available. If a SoundCloud member does not have the licensing rights to release a track everywhere, they may only make it available within the countries where they have the rights to do so. As a result, the track might not be available in certain regions. Or, they're offering their tracks to SoundCloud Go subscribers exclusively and SoundCloud Go is not yet available in your country - in that case, please rest assured we're working hard to make SoundCloud Go available in more countries as soon as possible.

Best
Mathis
View original

6 replies

Just ask artist if we can listen to their stuff. I want to listen to songs since I just paid $14 for this and before I cancelled my go trial and it took my money and left me with no go.

I have the same problem but different, I'm on the soundcloud go trial and was able to play music by kanye west u till 2 days ago and now all his music from Watch The Thrown with Jay-Z and Kanye has the "not available in your country" but Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z  feat: Alicia Keys is avaliable?

Please answer! 

I am a Soundcloud Go+ member and I still can't listen to some music that I should be able to listen. I don't understand why I pay for this membership when it really doesn't make a BIG difference. I checked Spotify and it let me play the song without me being a member. Please explain.
I used to be able to listen to any song in SoundCloud no problem. And for the go sonhs, just previews. But I recently just got soundcloud go+ and now and overwhelming ammount of the songs I like and used to listen to regularly are supposedly not available in my country. Do I need to explain why that's outrageous? What's up with that? I got soundcloud go to be able to enjoy more songs, not have to listen to less. If this isn't fixed, I'm not renewing my membership. I used to think this app was the best among all in terms of accessibility and ease of use to be able to find and listen to just about any song I could think of. But if this isn't fixed then my ratings for soundcloud will drop allthe way to the bottom

This is a load of crap. You are trying to tell us that the Carter Family is not allowing the music recorded here in the USA says it cannot be listened to by USA citizens. If I had you in front of I'd spit in your face, call you out as a liar, and send you to your maker.

As it is you are a god damned liar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi TayChico,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that you cannot listen to so many tracks any longer. Please note that it is up to the artist, or their labels or distribution to determine where they want to make their tracks available. If a SoundCloud member does not have the licensing rights to release a track everywhere, they may only make it available within the countries where they have the rights to do so. As a result, the track might not be available in certain regions. Or, they're offering their tracks to SoundCloud Go subscribers exclusively and SoundCloud Go is not yet available in your country - in that case, please rest assured we're working hard to make SoundCloud Go available in more countries as soon as possible.

Best
Mathis