Solved

New profile picture won't show up on mobile app

I've changed the profile picture (pc), but when i log in with the mobile app it still shows the old picture. Can u explain why, or how to fix this?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Sorry to hear about that - it sounds as if the mobile app was pulling the old image from a cached version somewhere. Are you running an iOS device, or Android?

Can you try logging out, restarting your device, if possible clear your caches (works for Android), then try again?

Cheers,
Mathis
Mathis,

I'm running android.
I've tried all of this, but only after re-installing the app everthing was correct.

Thanks for the reply though !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Bleeding Tears (NL) wrote:

Mathis,

I'm running android.
I've tried all of this, but only after re-installing the app everthing was correct.

Thanks for the reply though !!

Hi again,

Thanks for the update - glad this is now displaying correctly. Must have been stuck in the device cache somewhere then, which has now been updated by you re-installing the app.

Cheers,
Mathis
I'm having the same problem...loads correctly on website but won't display new image on mobile app! Using iOS
same problem here.. also new images for individual tracks. Any way to get rid of this cache on IOS?
undersmusic wrote:

same problem here.. also new images for individual tracks. Any way to get rid of this cache on IOS?

My pic won't load on mobile app
undersmusic wrote:

I'm having this same problem. My icon pic will show up on my other devices, but it won't show up on my android phone.
i noticed the same issue and i can try to reinstall the app to have a more recent profile pic display on my device, but what about other users who visit my page, will they continue to see an old version unless they reinstall the app? i hope not as that's a pretty big flaw in the system. please advise.
thanks.
Hi S/C, Adam N. (see immediately above) is right. This is a huge problem, that is still current. Why on earth is this marked as solved? And why is it that as soon as someone points out that it might be a systemic error, and not a user error, we get dead air from S/C? I understand that S/C is going through some hard times, but still, not everything is a Donald Trump "individual mandate" - type situation, okay? You know, how he thinks that homeless people are homeless because they chose to be homeless (as if anybody would actually choose that), and that they didn't take the right actions? Similar to how he thinks that vets with PTSD simply "weren't strong enough to handle it", even though he isn't a vet himself? Anyway, even though we are into the second year of the Trump presidency now, the answer cannot always be "user action required", sometimes the answer has to be "S/C action required". Sorry to say it, but it's true. I already had to go inpatient psychiatric because of several situations like this before, in 2017 alone. Not because of S/C, but because of other corporations, which S/C is now apparently trying to emulate. Please don't make me have to go again. I will k*** myself before that happens. K*** standing for "kiss" of course. I already have a "pretty noose" bought and tested for it. Chris Cornell-style. For the kiss, that is. Anyway, if this was an isolated incident, and not a symptom of a worldwide systemic meltdown, I wouldn't be so distraught about it. But as Johnny Cochran said, there is no such thing as an isolated incident. Shit is breaking all over the place, and nothing works anymore, and nobody wants to fix it, and the citizen always gets blamed. For instance: my tap water tastes like raw sewage now, because Trump cut corners with the treatment facility, and I have to buy jugs of distilled water ever other day because of that, even to cook with, but my apartment manager is trying to blame it on me somehow. Surprise surprise. It's a Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump world we live in now. But anywho, you have the opportunity to be the exception here. If you choose to take advantage of that opportunity. Thanks in advance S/C. Please be bigger than this. Please fix it. Thanks again. Leslie
Wow this issue hasn’t been fixed and is on going for over a year now?

this is the same exact issue that’s paying customers were complaining about not being able to “update” their tracks like they are supposed to because for some reason even though it works on the “desktop browser” platform it does not update on the Mobile app, and neither does the image you update or change (which is the problem I am facing now as well)

Basically the issue is that on the Mobile App Soundcloud your phone loads whatever is stored previously in cache files so even if someone updated their track with a new image or song upload that will not show for anybody using the SoundCloud Mobile App.. only for people using the browser... and the only way to solve this is if every single user were to delete and reinstall + clear cache of their SoundCloud app on their phones each and every time any artist updates or tries to upload anything new, otherwise they won’t see it, that is completely insanely ridiculous if you ask me especially because SoundCloud pro users have to pay money in order to use that feature to begin with!!

I very much hope that this gets attention soon and soundcloud will finally fix this issue but it has been ongoing for over a year now I am beginning to find out so I have very little hope now moving forward 😢 for everyone else I would highly recommend making sure you upload your final finished work and the image you want permantantly to be yours at the very start otherwise the only way you will get to update it is if you completely delete and remove the track all together and re-upload it.