Question

Not all tracks added to a playlist on the mobile app actually stay on the playlist.

• 9 January 2015
  • 28 replies

While using the Android SoundCloud application on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, I have noticed before and most recently that not all tracks that I add to a playlist actually stick. Most might do however there comes a point where any added tracks do not stay on the playlist added beyond that logged in session as far as I'm aware. For instance, my Mobile playlist which I specifically created having known about this issue did have some 11 or so tracks the last I added. However, only 8 have stuck. I can only confirm the latest occurrence as the 2 previous were based on a gut feeling that tracks were missing.

28 replies

1. Log out of the app
2. Force stop it by going to your Application Manager and clicking 'Force Stop'.
3. Under this menu also click 'Clear Cache'.
4. Restart your device
5. Open the app and log in again

Mathis, I had similar problem and I did this on my iphone and logged out from my desktop.
When I logged backed-in, the invert of what expected happened!

Most of my tracks disappeared.

I had 14 tracks on that playlist, I can now see only 3 (the 3 ones I was seeing from my phone before logging out). And from my friend's phone, I can see 5 tracks (even if it's written 3 tracks)
https:// https://soundcloud.com/le-shka/sets/brazil-brazil

The same thing is happening for my playlists. For my friends that I share with it is also happening on their soundcloud app as well.
Open the playlist, and from the top (album art/top of playlist) swipe down. The refresh "spinner" icon should appear. This will cause the playlist to refresh the tracks/sounds.
don't know why, but the swipe refresh works. Thanks!
Hey there Sergio,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, let's see. May I ask you to provide the links to the tracks that you tried to add but wouldn't stick? That way I can do further investigation around this.

Other then that, have you tried to add them to your playlist from a computer to see if they stick when you do it that way? This'll help isolating the root cause further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis

This assistance has helped the playlist to sync. thank you
I first noticed my songs missing on PC , then as I refreshed my playlist on my phone, I witnessed the tracks dissappear. They were jam af yo
Hey there Sergio,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, let's see. May I ask you to provide the links to the tracks that you tried to add but wouldn't stick? That way I can do further investigation around this.

Other then that, have you tried to add them to your playlist from a computer to see if they stick when you do it that way? This'll help isolating the root cause further.

Cheers,
Mathis

i did everything i can think about even sync option and refreshing and even uninstalling and reinstalling, yet my songs won't show up. i literally lost 100+ songs . i mean why make the option of adding the songs when they won't stick to the playlist?
Hey there Sergio,

Cheers,
Mathis

where is the sync button. For my android their are basic settings with no sync option
Userlevel 1
Hey there Sergio,

Cheers,
Mathis

Two solutions for Android:
-Swipe down on the playlist page to refresh
-Go to Settings > Accounts > Sound Cloud > Turn on Sync (If changes in Mobile is not syncing with Desktop
i have the same problem but the exact opposite, the songs i add to the playlist from my android phone app dont appear on my computer playlist. any helps?
If anything i can almost say for certain that over time the playlist you created on your phone will be updated and erase most songs to update with the computer version. Good luck.
i have the same problem but the exact opposite, the songs i add to the playlist from my android phone app dont appear on my computer playlist. any helps?
this is the worst, and someone first reported this 10 months ago.. this may never be fixed boys
Open the playlist, and from the top (album art/top of playlist) swipe down. The refresh "spinner" icon should appear. This will cause the playlist to refresh the tracks/sounds.
Worked like a charm, when the above, force stop, clear cache, and restart my phone did not! Thanks for posting
same...
Me too. 😞
Hello, I was at work when i realized my accounts pro membership expired. I got in a panic, thought the fraud on my card was caused to delete my soundcloud pro membership. Maybe someone must have hacked my account. I really want my account to be unfrozen, this account means the world to me. I can prove to you this card on my account is mine. I need at least my account back to continue my music career. I have emailed SoundCloud, but ive heard the wait can be up to 3 weeks. I cant wait that long!

My account is :https://soundcloud.com/nowaitherapper
Hey, I'd like to follow up on this with saying this feature works.
If you're having problems with your playlist not reflecting all the songs on your phone (Android in my case) just swipe down on the screen while you're scrolled all the way up (at the top/the beginning) like Mike Goss said.

Then the playlist will instantly refresh and the latest songs you added on your PC will appear in your playlist on your mobile.

Thanks Mike Goss for the heads-up of this feature as this is the first time I'm hearing about it.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The tracks I add to a playlist won't show up on iPhone..only on computer (most of....

I keep adding songs to my playlists, and they don't show up. Usually the problem is only with my iphone, but lately I've been noticing the problem on my computer as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I have no issue with adding tracks on my computer. They have all stuck.

As far as the track links, I'll have to reproduce it to get another set given I just go through a stream and add as I go along.

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for following up on that. Rest assured this is passed on to our mobile developers - they are continuously working to improve the stability and usability of the app. If you're interested, you can join our public Android beta program to get the most recent builds first. Here's where you can join the program.

All the best to you,
Mathis

As far as the track links, I'll have to reproduce it to get another set given I just go through a stream and add as I go along.

Well yeah, I have no issues with soundcloud on my computer. I just don't want to be having to clear the cache every time I use the mobile app so I don't lose the tracks I palylisted. But I guess that can't be helped.

Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Sergio,

The tips we listed above are more aimed at helping your phone to update itself and recognise changes made to the profile. Your phone should sync and do this on it's own but sometimes for some reasons (like a bad network connection) it may need help with a manual update. This should not occur every time you make a change on your profile from a computer.

Hope that helps to further explain.

Best,
Gina

Did the above and they have appeared. Will I be requiring to do this every time I go to use the mobile app? If its a cache issue then it's not exactly something that will go away just because the cache got cleared. It'll come to a point where it populates again and the same issue occurs I would think.

Proven by it occurring more than once.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi there again,

Thank you for reporting this. Now, good thing this is a public playlist - I've just checked the playlist on both, a web browser and on my own Android device, and the tracks do not seem to be part of this playlists.

This more or less indicates your mobile app's caching is displaying things wrong. Thus, I'd recommend a set of troubleshooting steps to begin with:

1. Log out of the app
2. Force stop it by going to your Application Manager and clicking 'Force Stop'.
3. Under this menu also click 'Clear Cache'.
4. Restart your device
5. Open the app and log in again

*If none of these steps help to sort out the issue, please try deleting the app and re-installing it once again from the Google Play store.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if this needs further investigation.

Cheers,
Mathis

Last night I added the following tracks to my "the one and only" playlist. It is not on that playlist through my checking via my laptop however it is showing on that same playlist on my mobile.I have logged out of my session on the mobile app with the thought that it required doing so to update my account fully of the changes however it is still to appear after doing so.

Tracks:
https://soundcloud.com/ukf/modestep-snake
https://soundcloud.com/rootfire/new-kingston-honorable-worldwide-rootfire-exclusive-download
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi there Sergio,

Alright, let us know when it happens again as we'll take another look with you.

Cheers,
Mathis