Question

Sharing the link to a song into an Instagram story suddenly disappeared, can i get it back?

• 3 January 2019
  • 16 replies

On the soundcloud app it would allow you to share a song link through your instagram story, i’ve even used it myself before. Suddenly the option disappeared and i have no clue why. Do i need to link my Soundcloud and Instagram? How? Or maybe they removed the option?

16 replies

I see the icon & it was literally working an hour ago but when I click the icon it just opened Instagram and it doesn’t actually create the story? It’s super annoying, I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the apps, I’ve tried logging out and logging back in, I updated instagram, SoundCloud is fully updated. Nothing is working
The only option I have ever gotten was share in Whatsapp & Slack. Have latest Soundcloud & Instagram on Iphone 7 with latest iOS
Same problem
This feature worked for me last week when I linked a podcast episode to Instagram stories. This week, nothing! The only option is to share directly to individual Instagram contacts.
Tried to share a Podcast via soundcloud on inatagram for the first time today, but missing the sharing option. Only thing I have is the option to share via inatagram messenger directly to friends but not as a story. Got a Samsung S9 with updated Android and apps. Any ideas?
Hi there,

This integration should be worked properly now. We've tested this on both iOS and Android. The "bubble" that appears on the story is only an indicator that there is music shared on that story. Tapping on that will merely close the story. In order to get to that track, you can tap in the upper menubar where it says "Listen on SoundCloud".

If this is not appearing from you, please be sure to update both apps, SoundCloud and Instagram to their latest versions. If this is still not working for you, consider a reinstall of both apps. (Please note that if you have a SoundCloud Go/ SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you will need to re-download your content for offline listening.)

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: Android users have the opportunity to join the Android Beta program. More about this can be found here.

mathis, I am still having this issue with my iPhone Xs. I did not have the problem on iPhone 7
Hi,

Sharing to Instagram Stories seems to have disappeared. No Icon anymore when trying to share.
Iphone X and latest version of SoundCloud.

//M
I see the icon & it was literally working an hour ago but when I click the icon it just opened Instagram and it doesn’t actually create the story? It’s super annoying, I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the apps, I’ve tried logging out and logging back in, I updated instagram, SoundCloud is fully updated. Nothing is working
I am having this same exact problem.
Same problem here, is there a workaround ? install an old version of Soundcloud or Beta ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

The option to share to Instagram still exists, however we're currently experiencing issues for the integration to work full circle. Instagram & SoundCloud are currently looking into this issue. Unfortunately, I currently don't have an estimate as to when this will be fixed. 😕

I am also having the same problem !

If anyone figures out how to solve this let me know
Still an issue on Galaxy S9 with latest apps
Issue still persisting for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

This integration should be worked properly now. We've tested this on both iOS and Android. The "bubble" that appears on the story is only an indicator that there is music shared on that story. Tapping on that will merely close the story. In order to get to that track, you can tap in the upper menubar where it says "Listen on SoundCloud".

If this is not appearing from you, please be sure to update both apps, SoundCloud and Instagram to their latest versions. If this is still not working for you, consider a reinstall of both apps. (Please note that if you have a SoundCloud Go/ SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you will need to re-download your content for offline listening.)

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: Android users have the opportunity to join the Android Beta program. More about this can be found here.
Yep, still an issue. I have no option to share to instagram at all anymore, even with everything updated. Pretty annoying.