Question

some songs in my playlist are shorter than usual on mobile

Some song get cut like invisable by eminence & soulero (from around 6 mins to 34s)
and it works on my Pc fine its only on my phone
(nexus 6 android version 5.1.1).
I dont know if its a bug or just because i have a 300 song playlist.I reinstalled it 3 times its still not helping
soundcloud app version: 15.06.23-release

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Felix,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, let's see - a playlist with 300 tracks in it is pretty big indeed, but let's see - any chance you can send over the exact track titles and URLs of the track where this is happening? This way we can take a look from here and see what's up with that.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis
Thanks for the reply but I can't send u the URLs without a laptop and internet connection I'm on my phone writing this since I posted the problem I was 2 weeks on holiday and I still have 3 weeks to go so if I find a laptop with Internet access I will send the URLs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Felix Marty wrote:

Thanks for the reply but I can't send u the URLs without a laptop and internet connection I'm on my phone writing this since I posted the problem I was 2 weeks on holiday and I still have 3 weeks to go so if I find a laptop with Internet access I will send the URLs.

Hi Felix,

Alright then, let's try a different approach here. You mentioned the track is in one of your playlists - can you send me the title of your playlist and the artist and title of the track(s) in question?
Hi, same problem here. The songs' lengths presented on the like-list are correct, but some of them are cut in half when played, eg "DJ Snake & Aluna George - You know you like it" (official DJ Snake channel). That's pretty annoying, because it seems to happen to more and more songs without any reason.
See here: original length of 4:12.

Same for me with the Bill Burr Monday morning podcast. Shows as 1 hr+ but only plays just over 3 minutes every time, despite several reinstalls. Works perfectly on the website.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
user798802466 wrote:

Same for me with the Bill Burr Monday morning podcast. Shows as 1 hr+ but only plays just over 3 minutes every time, despite several reinstalls. Works perfectly on the website.

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting reporting this on the help forum. I've reached out to our mobile developers. This is currently a bug that is being looked into.

Thanks for your patience while our developers are working on a fix.
user798802466 wrote:

Cut the track in half really annoying
M

This was easier for me to make these and u can see the time difference

I'm having the same issue as well, it only happens on my android phone.
Same here 😕
On 5.0.1 Android
Same here on my Nexus 4. v 5.1.1
Same here on Galaxy S5 running lollipop
This is also happening to the song "kasum - third eye blind - semi-charmed life (kasum remix) "

original length is 3:47