Question

songs keep trying to save offline but wont?

• 24 July 2017
  • 5 replies

When I try to download my likes offline, it will download the majority without problem. But there's a few songs that don't save. They continue trying to download and says "preparing to download". Then, it tries to download but reverts back to the grey "preparing to download". The thing is, some of the songs that won't save USED to be saved, so I don't think it's that there unavailable for download. Please help? Very annoying..

5 replies

? ??
I feel your pain I'm having the same issue. I've only had it for a couple days now but it's very annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry if this has been an issue in the past. Since the first reports around this, our engineers have improved stability around this and you should be able to properly sync all of your content for offline listening now. If this is currently not the case for you despite being on our SoundCloud Go / Go+ subscription, please try deleting the app, restart your phone, then download the app again for a fresh start, which will hopefully sort out any glitches from before.

Cheers
Mathis
Same issue. None of my likes will update on my mobile app.

I have this same issue and it’s very annoying. Especially as you can’t know in advance which albums are going to be available to download and which aren’t.

I suspect this is caused by this issue: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003448547-Track-not-available-for-offline-listening

But if that is the case:

1. the app should give you feedback as to why the download function is not available, or
  2. the download button should be hidden

In the case of the OP - where you say they used to be avilable but now they’re not - maybe the rights position of the artist has changed??